IRS subframe/diff and control arm bushings

BTSMUSTANG

Established Member
On my list for spring projects is to get my irs subframe/diff and control arm bushings installed. Ive been doing a lot of research online but have a few questions. First, I daily drive my cobra, always enjoy hitting some corners on the weekends and still havent been to the track yet but would like to. Im planning on getting urethane subframe and control arm bushings but was thinking of getting aluminum diff bushings, good or bad on this combo?

Also since I will have the IRS out of the car I want to through in some other parts, Ive been browsing Maximum motorsports and see a lot of IRS specific upgrade parts, dont want to go overboard on parts but what do you suggest I put in there.

poneypower

They call me Shipwreck!
Established Member
If all you want to do is bushings then AC427Cobra's bushings kit /end

Otherwise......

Remember that unless you are dropping the IRS yourself your gonna hand over some cash to have someone else drop it. so installing everything at once isn't a bad idea. I saved money to have it all done at once.

Other parts to think about:

03 cobra differential mount brace
billetflow IRS diff cover brace or an aftermarket diff cover like Fore (while your at it have the diff tapped for a drain plug)
03 half shafts

and since you already have the IRS down you might as well do gears if you were thinking about it. do it all at once and save $$$$ most of this stuff won't add too much to the labor total, but the parts are gonna cost you.

or you could sell your stock IRS and buy my IRS with everything already installed and drive off into the sunset a happy person! :banana:

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
I just completely redid my entire rear end. Literally every part on the stupid thing is brand new except for the irs skeleton itself. I will report my results once i actually align and drive the car.

Users who are viewing this thread