IRS rear control arm bushings

SVT32VDOHC

Established Member
I know you have to remove the upper and lower arms completely to install these. My question is....Are the bolts just a regular style nut and bolt, or.....are they a special bolt that must be put back in the same position?? Basically, I'm asking does the car need an alignment after you do these?

I know when I did the upper control arms on my F150, those bolts had to be put back in the exact same spot and I needed an alignment afterwards. Ae the Cobra control arm bolts like this?

SVT32VDOHC

Established Member
Also.....for the rear diff bushing. It's cheap, and comes with the tool. Do the new ploy bushings have to be pressed back in, or can you just lube them and smack them back in with a mallet?

JamesHell

to poor to be fast
Established Member
the only bolt that is cammed is the upper knuckle bolt. If you mark it and replace it the same you should be good. But after you remove and reinstall everything I would spend the money on an alignment.

Nutty 5.0

Established Member
The rear bushings don't go in super easy. I use a vise and they go in fine.

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
The rear bushings don't go in super easy. I use a vise and they go in fine.

Agreed, I did my bushings at Nutty 5.0s and all i gotta say is the cleaner you can get the bushing tunnel the easier it will go in

Nutty 5.0

Established Member
I used a vice if you mean the rear diff mount. If you mean the IRS bushings than use a c clamp. We found a ball joint C clamp worked great!

SVT32VDOHC

Established Member
I used a vice if you mean the rear diff mount. If you mean the IRS bushings than use a c clamp. We found a ball joint C clamp worked great!

Yeah, I meant the rear diff bushing. But...for the subframe bushings, the ball joint c-clapm press tool works????? Hell yeah, I've got one of those.

Users who are viewing this thread