Irs question.

eXs Vp

03 dSg CoBrA
Established Member
My cobra was in an accident a few months ago. The impact was from the passenger side door to a lil past the scoop of the quarter panel. It seemed to have only put a scratch on the tire. Then after looking at it, it seemed to camber in toward the negative side. So after getting the body work done I put it up on a lift and found the tire rod was bent. We bent it back into place and it made a huge difference. The wheel straightend out a lil more and it seemed nothing was wrong. Then I took it on the highway for a test run for the first time, (I obviously wasnt even thinking of passing 80mph.) So at about 70 mph the steering wheel starts to shake. Not too bad. At 80, im not even comfortable driving that fast because of the excessive shaking. Alignment has been done and though it needed it, it didnt help. I know I have to replace the tire rod but what could be causing this? Im wondering if a whole new irs is needed or not? I was told it could just be the control arms tweaked. Pleeease help! I hate not being able to beat up on ricers anymore! (If you look at my sig close enough you can see how the rear tire kinda cambers in.)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread