IRS magnaflow catack

oneredxtreme

Established Member
I got i question, i have been trying to research this, but cant figure it out. If a have a 2001 cobra, and i have a mangaflow catback(S.S), could i switch out the mufflers with the flowmaster super44's(the ones made for the irs cobra). I know the magnaflow catback has slip sleeves as shown in this link http://www.planetmagnaflow.com/pdf/15644.pdf. The mufflers are the exact same size. But does any body know if the flow tubes from the magnaflow kit would fit around or inside the Supper 44's inlet side and do you think the outlet side would slip in the tail pipe slip section. I dont really want to buy them and fing out one side doesnt fit or somthing.....

Thanks

olgreydog7

Jaded
Established Member
well, I have flowmaster catback with magnaflow mufflers. Anything can be adjusted by a muffler shop. Dispite what you might see in a summit catalog, mufflers are really universal to an extent. Just take a look at the offset for your magnaflows, should be same side inlet/outlet, and get the same in the flowmaster. Get the same pipe diameter and the length can be adjusted by cutting or adding pipe. If you mean doing this your self with muffler clamps, better check the elngth of te mufflers, I think summitracing.com lists that, if not try the manufacturers website. My suggestions, just take the mufflers to a shop, way easier. You can make anything fit with a welder!

Users who are viewing this thread