IRS bushings

conrad87

Established Member
I just ordered h&r sport springs, tokico shocks/struts, mm c/c plates, mm flsfc, and now I need some bushings for the rear. I can't afford to get the full ftb racing kit so I'm just looking for the most important ones to buy first. I have the normal shift clunk that everyone else has. Should I just start with just the ftb racing front & rear diff support?

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
A Lot of people like the Full Tilt Boogie Racing front and Rear Diff Bushings. I have never used them, but enough people have to give them a solid reputation

OldSVTGuy

Established Member
The rear differential bushing is very soft rubber and is what really contributes to the "clunk." I replaced mine last summer with poly and made a tremendous difference. Poly doesn't last too well with road racing as the rear gets too hot and the poly does not hold up. For normal, street use, it's fine. Good luck.

1badblownstang

juiced snake
Established Member
I just did Bruces entire kit, took me an entire weekend by myself. Fit and quality is amazing. If I had to break it up I would do the sub frame bushings and upgraded front irs sub frame bolts first. I personally think the sub frames can be done on the car by lowering the front, doing all the work, then remounting it and doing the same to the back.
With that said and after doing the job I would save up, get everything together pull the irs and do everything at one time and be done.

ALSO, RENT THE TOOLS! trust me.

Bite Me

Established Member
I just did Bruces entire kit, took me an entire weekend by myself. Fit and quality is amazing. If I had to break it up I would do the sub frame bushings and upgraded front irs sub frame bolts first. I personally think the sub frames can be done on the car by lowering the front, doing all the work, then remounting it and doing the same to the back.
With that said and after doing the job I would save up, get everything together pull the irs and do everything at one time and be done.

ALSO, RENT THE TOOLS! trust me.

Word. I did my subframe bushings while the subframe was still mounted just dropping front and then dropping rear after front was mounted back.

Check your bolt size by trying to use the same socket you use on rear subframe bolts. If it fits both the front and rear you have 12mm in the front and you need 14mm. Mine had 12mm.

Users who are viewing this thread