irs bushings

v6mustang164

Established Member
I got an 03 irs today from a guy that didn't know to much about the rear end. It has red poly subframe bushings, red diff cover brace and what looks like after market front and rear diff bushings. He gave me these pieces and I'm not sure what they are. Any one have any idea, what these are?

photo-37.jpg

Last edited:

kxt

atomic number 30
Established Member
I've been through my IRS and I haven't seen any part like those. I'd check out full tilt boogie racing and get everything you need.

Bite Me

Established Member
IMO it looks like diff bushings to me, front diff bushings. I have never seen any like that before, but thats what I would say they are. Maybe he had them custom made or they are from some manufacturer we havent seen before.

They look kinda tall to be diff bushings, but hell I have no idea just a guess.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
IMO it looks like diff bushings to me, front diff bushings. I have never seen any like that before, but thats what I would say they are. Maybe he had them custom made or they are from some manufacturer we havent seen before.

They look kinda tall to be diff bushings, but hell I have no idea just a guess.

I agree with the above. They sort of look like a non height adjustable front diff bushing to me. And if that is the case, it makes no sense. They need to be height adjustable. :dw:

OP, are the bushings on the left one piece? :shrug:

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

v6mustang164

Established Member
I agree with the above. They sort of look like a non height adjustable front diff bushing to me. And if that is the case, it makes no sense. They need to be height adjustable. :dw:

OP, are the bushings on the left one piece? :shrug:

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

Ya the bushings on the left are one piece the guy had no clue what they where for, he said something like they stop wheel hop. They could could be peices to a bike for all I know.:rolling: The diff bushings on the rear are some type of hard black urethane single piece bushings.

I should be buying bushings from you here shortly, when I get some money.:beer:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread