IRS BRACE

Pure Vennom

Established Member
I was woundering if anyone was using the IRS brace? Are they helpful? I was just looking for some general comments on if they are worth the money and are they hard to install?

Thanks

Gary

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
The 99 and 01 Cobras cross member brace did not connect to the differential pinion. This design was revised on the 00R and the 03-04 have the same pinion supporting cross member braces. Kenny Brown makes a hard launch brace which is not needed for the 00R, 03, and 04 Cobras even though they will tell you it does for reasons I am sure you can guess. :rollseyes You "do not" need to replace your cross member brace your stock one is more then sufficient.

Pure Vennom

Established Member
I guess that is why I am a Rookie Poster. I had just saw them advertised as a cobra add on part and I just assumed that it was something that wasn't already on the car.

Thanks

Gary

dougwg

Established Member
Originally posted by Pure Vennom
I guess that is why I am a Rookie Poster. I had just saw them advertised as a cobra add on part and I just assumed that it was something that wasn't already on the car.

Thanks

Gary

where did you see them advertized?

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Originally posted by Steve Snake Driver
Lots of places sell the stock 2000R/03-04 Cobra "4th crossmember" as an IRS brace

Yes, but I only know of one place that sells the brace specifically for 00R, 03, and 04 Cobras and make it sound as if it is absolutely necessary. They also don't sell it under the company that makes its name btw.

Pure Vennom

Established Member
Doug,
I saw them advertised by Kenny Brown Mustang. I think they are also on Amazon site

Users who are viewing this thread