IRS brace install problems???

330racing

SVT Poster Boy
Established Member
I went to install the IRS brace on my car and started by removing the rear diff mount bolts. The bottom one loosened fine, but when I went to to the top bolt, I turned it about a half turn when I realized it was twisting and not loosening. Anyone else have this problem?

If I snap that bolt off, what would I have to do to fix it? Drop the IRS?

For now I tightened up the bottom bolt and left it as is!

1 bad bullitt

Do'in it in the dirt
Established Member
Vandenberg Air Force Base, California, United Stat
You should be able to get away with dropping the driverside toe link and removing the bolt that holds the rear bushing and bracket in, then you will have access to the bolt or whats left of it. Thats a pretty big bolt to be breaking thouh, you may end up needing a new bracket and bushing mount.
Try placing a floor jack under the diff and just raise it ever so slightly to take the pressure off of the top bolt. That is probably your problem. Once those rear cover mount bolts are out there is nothing stopping the diff from tilting back slightly. I was able to push up on mine with my hand while installing the new bolts.

330racing

SVT Poster Boy
Established Member
I am afraid to mess with that bolt now that is didnt want to come out.....I agree...it seems like an awfully big bolt to be breaking....

Users who are viewing this thread