• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

IRS Boots for Cobras fix

Discussion in 'Driveline' started by SVT Zorro, Sep 16, 2019.

1. SVT Zorro

SVT Zorro Member Established Member

when the IRS axle outter boots (towards the wheels) broke on my 03 Cobra I was not able to find a stock replacement boots only after a hard looking I found this ones at ebay and they were the closest to stock dimensions (same big and the small diameters but a little longer) I was able to find, so far they are looking good after some miles, I'm not ready to upgrade to a stage 5 half shaft yet that is why I bought these ones besides the stock half shafts still ok.
    You can install them with its all extended length or reduce the length of boot by moving the smallest boot diameter towards the out side if axle see both pictures.
    Hope this can help someone with a IRS boot problem, it worked for me while I'm ready to upgrade to a stage 5 half shafts because my car sits currently at 600 RWHP and now with the addition of a new 2.65 VMP I will be hunting for more power down the road.
    You can find also the same kind but split boots to avoid removing and take apart the half shaft but I opted for the non split boots

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
  2. slo984now

slo984now AKA 01yellerCobra Established Member

Good info. Trying to find boots for the stock half shafts can be a pain.

3. SVT Zorro

SVT Zorro Member Established Member

Here is the name you can find these boots on ebay

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 20, 2019