Irs Bolt?

SN8KBITN

New SVT user
Established Member
How will i now if i'm rubbing the IRS bolt with my wheels? I just put on 18x10 saleens in the rear with 295/35/18 BFG's. There seems to be room when i stuck my hand back there, but I just want to be safe! Anyone running this settup? thanks

RAZRS EDGE

Stay Humble
Established Member
While the suspension is loaded you should not rub the bolt with your setup. But would be kinda of scary if you ran over a mean bump at higher speeds causing the suspension to unload and the fast spinning tire rub against it. I would grind down the bolt or get some MM IRS Bolts. Wheels spacers are also an easy option. I would get one or the other.

JimBobWay

Established Member
Jack the car up where the wheel is freely hanging down. See if it's close or touching then. IF it is; see RAZRS EDGE comments above.

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
SN8KBITN said:
i jacked the car up and have about a finger thickness clearing the bolt.
Then you are fine and don't need spacers! :thumbsup:

With your wheel/tire combo, I don't think you'll have any clearance issues to worry about.

Last edited:

YoungJim

Established Member
If you're concerned about it get MM's bolts (or better their subframe bushing kit). The pan-head allen-drive bolts that come with will give you a bit more clearance.

Chonger

The Korean Connection
Established Member
You should be fine. The majority of the problems come from 17 X 10.5 inch wheels. It seems like the 18 inch wheels don't have the IRS issue.

Users who are viewing this thread