IRS- Big Decision

Which IRS upgrade do you have

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

03zincyellowsvt

Established Member
i went mm when i had my irs and the poly didnt seem to do much, if went with ftbr i may have kept my irs but who knows

mikeshimek

Boost Hunter
Established Member
i just installed the ftbr kit and havent had a chance to really get out and drive the car hard yet because of the lovely seattle weather. bruces kit is very easy to install. i was able to do everything in my garage by myself. my car never had bad wheel hop problems before i did the kit, but with the kit now, it seems the rear end plants a little harder than before. one thing i did notice is im getting more gear whine now with the kit installed. all in all, you cant go wrong with mm, but i think bruce has an edge on them with his irs kit.

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
i just installed the ftbr kit and havent had a chance to really get out and drive the car hard yet because of the lovely seattle weather. bruces kit is very easy to install. i was able to do everything in my garage by myself. my car never had bad wheel hop problems before i did the kit, but with the kit now, it seems the rear end plants a little harder than before. one thing i did notice is im getting more gear whine now with the kit installed. all in all, you cant go wrong with mm, but i think bruce has an edge on them with his irs kit.

All by yourself? Dropping the IRS from the car and putting it back in would be the hardest I imagine?

FTBR for the win.....love mine and worth every penny. I don't know the price of the MM complete kit..$500? I belive Bruce's is $585 with the 5% discount? For $85 dollars I would go with bruce's kit.

Mystic-SVT

snuggle fest, mmmmm!
Established Member
All by yourself? Dropping the IRS from the car and putting it back in would be the hardest I imagine?

I did a FTBR install on my friends '03 all by myself also, its not that hard just takes a little longer to get it in but if you have the IRS balanced out on a floor jack the install is quite quick.

I installed it with out the knuckles and halfshafts to make it a bit lighter and easier to maneuver...also I filled the differential with new fluid through the pass side axle opening, much easier this way.

Users who are viewing this thread