IRS Axle Halfshaft Boot Replacement

alexgg2

Established Member
Anyone find a solution to replacing a torn halfshaft boot without having to buy a new halfshaft. I have a torn boot and dont want to buy a new halfshaft since its still good except for the boot.

keith89

Established Member
Anyone find a solution to replacing a torn halfshaft boot without having to buy a new halfshaft. I have a torn boot and dont want to buy a new halfshaft since its still good except for the boot.

I bought new boots from DSS. you have to call them because they're not listed. I have level 5's but i believe they work on the stockers too.

gat0r

Established Member
stock are different the DSS ones

have you searched?
there are a lot of posts on this, including this one recently

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/driveline-216/820268-new-half-shaft-boots-sale.html

measure yours ... you may get lucky w/ DSS, but i dont think so.

-find part # on the boot & see what other cars it may crossover with.

-send it out & get it rebooted @ a local driveshaft/axle shop

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/driveline-216/673637-need-help-torn-half-shaft-boot.html

look for 03SVTCOBRA10TH post in above link & PM him.

alexgg2

Established Member
Well no luck finding a boot so I just went ahead and ordered a new halfshaft from ford. Retail was $491 before tax but I have a friend at ford parts dealer who got me a discount and it came out to $400.16 w/ tax. I have to wait til Thursday since its coming from Detriot. My halfshaft is still good except for small tear which is leaking a little grease but didn't want to take any chances of it leaking out all the grease and breaking causing more damage. There is a CV Axle Repair shop where I live that said if I take off CV Axle and take it to him he could try and match boot but did not guarantee anything. When I get new halfshaft going to take it to him and see if he can match a boot to fit and keep it as my back-up. If there is a boot that fits I will post part# on here for everyone to use so keep an eye out for this post. I should have answer by end of day Monday 2/27/12 which is when I will take halfshaft to shop for a boot match-up.

Users who are viewing this thread