IRS adjustment issues with driver side tire.

SVTBMG

Banned
I had this issue after my accident then it was corrected. The driver rear tire is sitting in about 1/2" more then the other side. This happened after the body shop fixed my car and then I took it back and they put a new subframe in the car along with a new control arm on the driver side. Then it looked even again.

I just had the diff rebuilt and I assume they had to unbolt the control arms at some point ot get the axles out.

Is there a bolt in the IRS that allows for Caster Camber adjustment or that if not bolted up right can cause this? I heard the bolt was almost like a cam bolt that can allow the tire to go in and out up to a 1/2". Is this true?

I am going to be selling the IRS and going to a solid rear soon and wanted to make sure the IRS was in good shape first.

SVTBMG

Banned
The eccentric on the upper control arm helps set the Camber, toe is changed by the tie-rods in the IRS. No adjustment for caster.

Gotcha, So I could loosen the eccentric bolt and pull the tire out more? Or do both the bolt and the tie rods need to be redone?

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Gotcha, So I could loosen the eccentric bolt and pull the tire out more? Or do both the bolt and the tie rods need to be redone?

No, don't attempt to make the camber adjustment yourself unless you know what you're doing and how to measure the camber. Besides, once the camber is changed, toe must be reset.

Take it in for a 4 wheel alignment.

FWIW

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

SVTBMG

Banned
No, don't attempt to make the camber adjustment yourself unless you know what you're doing and how to measure the camber. Besides, once the camber is changed, toe must be reset.

Take it in for a 4 wheel alignment.

FWIW

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

Ya i looked at it and it seemed pushed in a little. I am getting new tires on next week and having an alignment done again.

Users who are viewing this thread