IronTerp's Ice Box Strategies.

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
you should have a valve on the bottom or the side of your tank for the drain. attach a hose to it so it will drain on the ground and not all over your car. you don't want to track water back on the track.

Yep...got it taken care of with a hose to the draincock...thanks

Nino S

Established Member
When you drain the IC box between runs, do not let it go below the top of the drain nipple inside of your tank. Turn the pet **** valve off before you get to this point. You don't want to send air through your IC pump and risk the pump losing cavitation.

When you get back home, the "ideal" way to get your setup back to street manners is to refill with a 50% (+/-) coolant/distilled water mix. This will help to battle corrosion issues in your IC coolant system. However, if I'm going to the track often and regularly, I just leave the residue from the previous track day in the system. You're not going to hurt a thing doing this, but I'd get the appropriate coolant back int here if you're doing a lot of street driving and or it's approaching freezing temps.

thanks! what valve are you talking about here? PM me if you have to.
"Turn the pet **** valve off before you get to this point"

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
are there any how to threads on ic tank installs? just got one and would like to read a little on the install process.
I have not seen any install threads on this, but it's a very simple procedure and I don't even think the aftermarket ice boxes come with instructions.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
are there any how to threads on ic tank installs? just got one and would like to read a little on the install process.

is it an underhood one or a trunk mount? I posted a bunch of pics of my trunk mount install

Users who are viewing this thread