Iron Fist review

spectreman

Established Member
I just finished all 13 episodes of Iron Fist and I was grossly underwhelmed by it all. Like Jessica Jones, it plods along, 4-5 episodes too many. The actor selected to play I/F is weak- quite clear he's never done martial arts before this movie. For that matter, I doubt he did many push-ups before this. Did none of the writers read an I-F comic before casting him?

And he plays this moping, super powered limp-wad, unable to find his path in life. Puh-lease. He cries at the near drop of a hat. Really- the Iron Fist, an Immortal Weapon, crying cuz his mom & dad were murdered 15 years ago? C'mon... Batman would kick his arse up & down the block all day long.

The fight scenes were meh also. I don't know how we go from those amazing Daredevil fight scenes to this, w/a guy trained to be a living weapon & the ability to punch through steel and heal himself.

We can only hope that The Defenders is laid out better than this and Daredevil takes the lead cuz Jessica Jones B-L-E-W, Luke Cage was only watchable and Iron Fist was a HUGE disappointment.

Bouttime09

Oh, it's not 5.0?
Established Member
I liked it, a lot. My only complaint would be the actors total lack of any martial arts training.

You can't have the man start the show off and just destroy everyone he comes into contact with, or have no sort of internal conflict. There would be no building, no story.

The path finding was probably the most important part of the story. Trained to be the defender of a city he left, deserted. Do you know anything about Iron fist?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I have enjoyed it so far, disagree with your analysis of IF. However I agree Jessica Jones sucks, found myself rooting for the bad guys to snuff her, that show is ****ing unwatchable.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
We can only hope that The Defenders is laid out better than this and Daredevil takes the lead cuz Jessica Jones B-L-E-W, Luke Cage was only watchable and Iron Fist was a HUGE disappointment.
I'll agree there. Daredevil was awesome. I found season 2 to be better than the first and Luke Cage was pretty good. But, Jessica Jones sucks!!! I think I watched 5 episodes and just gave up on it. Horrible.
I haven't watched IF yet, I do have it in my queue.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
I'm on episode 8 of Iron Fist and I find it okay. It's good enough I will finish it, but if there isn't a second season I won't care. Luke Cage was good, but kind of drug out in the middle before some good action hit again. Jessica Jones was boring at the start, but got a lot better towards the end IMO. Daredevil was so good, all the others kind of suck when compared to it.

spectreman

Established Member
In response to Bouttime09, uh yeah, I know a lot about comics, going waaaay back to the 60's, Iron Fist included. This is NOT the story of Iron Fist & it was, in my estimation, a poor retelling of the tale. Whiney, mopey superheroes, both IF & JJ in these Netflix series, sure to appeal to the Millenials but not us Baby Boomers.
Lee

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Based on how you describe it, OP, Iron Fist sounds a lot like The Flash. I'm so sick of that mofo crying on every damned episode! And he's CONSTANTLY getting his ass royally kicked. And as much as Supergirl gets her ass handed to her, I can't see why anybody in the city would remotely depend on her to "save the day."

I've watched the Iron Fist trailers a few times, and it's just not able to grab my attention. It reminds me too much of that miserable Avatar: The Last Air Bender movie. Every character was miscast.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
I haven't watched Iron Fist yet but a coworker of mine who is huge into comics had the same exact take on the series. "They turn him into a whiny bitch." He was really excited about an Iron Fist show and was really disappointed.

Stanley

Established Member
Premium Member
I was disappointed also. A little bit of whiny bitch at the beginning would have been ok, but once he got used to his surroundings he needed to toughen up. The fight scenes were not good. I can't believe there wasn't anyone on the production team during filming to say something about it.

I finished the season just to be up to speed when Defenders comes out.

Zodiac

Established Member
I liked IF. I thought Jessica Jones was fantastic and equal to Daredevil S2. I hated Luke Cage. As a character he was awesome, but his series was meh. The villain sucked too.

Klay

Established Member
I liked iron fist overall but I have to agree with some of your analysis. He did seem a little too whiney. The fight scenes weren't bad, they just didn't highlight his powers enough.

Daredevil is still the best series of the 4.

04DeadShort

SVT Addict
Established Member
I pretty much have to agree with the OP. I was starting to wonder if the only thing his fist (and only one fist) was good for is knocking down doors. I know for sure he claimed three. And the static flashbacks, enough. I got tired of hearing Rosario Dawson preach her anti-kill when she didn't hesitate to slice members of "the hand" open with her claw weapons. I was really impressed with Jessica Henwick (Colleen Wing). It really felt like she prepared harder for her role and her fight scenes were better. The series id better that Jessica Jones but falls way short to Daredevil.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
... I got tired of hearing Rosario Dawson preach her anti-kill when she didn't hesitate to slice members of "the hand" open with her claw weapons. ...

That hasn't happened yet, though, has it? She still has a long way to go before she's pushed to that point. Or has the universe skipped ahead in this series? I thought they were all running parallel since Rosario links them all together.

04DeadShort

SVT Addict
Established Member
That hasn't happened yet, though, has it? She still has a long way to go before she's pushed to that point. Or has the universe skipped ahead in this series? I thought they were all running parallel since Rosario links them all together.
There is a scene when they go back to China where they have to fight some of The Hand. In the fight scene Claire is wearing the claws.

Users who are viewing this thread