Ipod in your cobra?

XyX

Still in the game.
Established Member
Does the stock radio have an AUX input for an ipod adapter? It'd make my life a lot easier.:cuss:

vipergts281

Established Member
I bought something that you hook up into the back of your stock head unit. Then you just plug it into your ipod. Sound quality is superb.

Here is what I have, although I swear it was called something different when I bought it a year ago. Price went down $50 as well.

http://www.mp3yourcar.com/product_info.php?products_id=50

And you'll notice it says it doesn't work with an in dash 6 CD changer. They are wrong, mine has worked flawlessly for about a year now.

XyX

Still in the game.
Established Member
...150 bucks..wow..I was figuring around 50-60 bucks for an ipod adapter. I am hoping they have a cheaper one..if not I'll have to start looking for a headunit.

ThrottleJunkie

God Bless Silicone
Established Member
I use an FM transmitter on my DD, it's nice because unlike a lot of transmitters, this charges the iPod while you drive so it can stay in your car 24/7

Called the iTrip I believe.

vipergts281

Established Member
...150 bucks..wow..I was figuring around 50-60 bucks for an ipod adapter. I am hoping they have a cheaper one..if not I'll have to start looking for a headunit.
Well for $50-60 you can have something, but it is junk. Those FM transmitters or whatever they are called. My buddy has one in his Mach, he paid close to $100 for it. It SUCKS!! I would NEVER buy one of those things!

I don't know about you, but when I want something, I want the best. And the best cost more money. Just the way it is. For you, you'd be spending another $100 for CD sound quality, worth it imo.

lwrs10

Chapstick!
Established Member
if you want to go cheap and have really good sound quality with a fm transmiter, then use this one

FM Transmitter

i went through 20 or so till i found this one. It blows the monster ones, the itune crap, and all the others out of the water. Its made to be installed under the dash, but i just use mine with a cig adapter on it. But it doesnt charge it......but oh well....

XyX

Still in the game.
Established Member
yea i've had my fair share of fm transmitters..and their not to great..I was just trying to find a hardwire way to do it.

ShelbyGuy..that's exactly what I was looking for..where can you purchase it? and how much?

SicStang03

2SSSlow
Established Member

You would rather spend like 300 or so on a headunit and only have a single disc CD player that pay 150???

XyX

Still in the game.
Established Member

That says 04 and up..would it work on my 03?

You would rather spend like 300 or so on a headunit and only have a single disc CD player that pay 150???

Well my great ol' stock cd player doesnt player burned cds anyways..I don't buy "real" cds. I just make mixes all the time. Unless I could score a 04 6 disc that plays mp3s...that'd be the best. But i bet it's expensive.

ETW

Established Member
I bought something that you hook up into the back of your stock head unit. Then you just plug it into your ipod. Sound quality is superb.

Here is what I have, although I swear it was called something different when I bought it a year ago. Price went down $50 as well.

http://www.mp3yourcar.com/product_info.php?products_id=50

And you'll notice it says it doesn't work with an in dash 6 CD changer. They are wrong, mine has worked flawlessly for about a year now.

Do you think this works with the iPhone?

SickBlackMach

Throttling back
Established Member
That says 04 and up..would it work on my 03?
I have used this on both my old 03 mach1 and my 03 cobra for awhile now... I'm really has it while it doesn't charge the ipod, it gives you 2 aux inputs and is only $50... I love it because I can have the Siruis and the ipod hooked up at the same time, and when I want to switch between the 2, it's as easy as just switching to the next "track" when you are on DJ6 on the deck.

DF-FORD1 is the usual part number... I was trying to find it on circuit city's website... no dice... but I know they still had them in stock as of last week at the local one.

Here is the crutchfield linky.
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-zff0aaLFZD1/App/Product/Item/Main.aspx?g=227450&I=581DFF1&search=ipod+ford

h581DFF1-f.jpeg

vipergts281

Established Member
hrmmm 50 bucks..not bad..I'll go to the circuit city tom. and see what they say

Also can i swap out my headunit for this

http://cgi.ebay.com/MACH-MP3-CD-Pla...ryZ18798QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

i wont buy that exact one..but i may be able to get one..will it work though?
Why would you swap out your head unit for that?

Get the thing I talked about, either check the link I gave or the one ShelbyGuy posted. $150, 30 minutes to install, done. CD sound quality.

Users who are viewing this thread