ipod hookup

mikeshimek

Boost Hunter
Established Member
is there a way to hook up an ipod to the factory cd player? if not what would you guys recommend for aftermarket head units? i was thinking a SONY XAV-W1. this may be a little over the top but it would play my ipod. thanks!

TK Doom

Established Member
There are wiring harnesses you can buy for aftermarket units that will work with your system. I suggest any modern day Alpine deck, as they have native 100% iPod support.

black 10th vert

Established Member
It says this one is not compatible with the Mach 460 though? Do you know if it works. I hate the Sirius FM modulator...

I did a ton of reading on this subject, and there are several threads discussing it, if you search. The general consensus was that it will work perfectly with the '03 mach460, but not the '04, even though it says it won't on that site. I bought one several months ago, but haven't had time to install it yet. The guy I purchased it from was using it in his '03. He upgraded to a full nav system, which is the only reason he sold the unit to me.

Nutty 5.0

Established Member
I did a ton of reading on this subject, and there are several threads discussing it, if you search. The general consensus was that it will work perfectly with the '03 mach460, but not the '04, even though it says it won't on that site. I bought one several months ago, but haven't had time to install it yet. The guy I purchased it from was using it in his '03. He upgraded to a full nav system, which is the only reason he sold the unit to me.

Ok, thanks. It may be worth checking. Thanks and post up when you do try it and it works.

topless_sn8k

Established Member
There is a harness that will fit our mach 460s. I have one for my 03 cobra vert. I'm running the wire through my glove box. I just can't rember the name my installar put it in.

black 10th vert

Established Member
Ok, thanks. It may be worth checking. Thanks and post up when you do try it and it works.

I had my dash apart this week to install some new gauges, so I finally threw in the adapter and it works great! It was also super easy to install. I mounted the box off to the side in the recess where the radio goes, and tapped into the power port wire to power it, and attached the ground wires to the back of the stereo where there is already a grounding clip. Then I ran the RCA cable with the headphone jack through the console. I removed the console box liner and drilled a hole in the front of it below that extra power port, installed a rubber grommet, then fed the wire through that. It's a very clean setup, and I can keep the ipod in that box, or I can pull extra wire though, and run it under the cover on the front, so the ipod can rest in the cupholder. The only thing this setup won't do, is display the ipod stuff on the factory stereo, but it plays crystal clear, so that's all I cared about.

Last edited:

Nutty 5.0

Established Member
Just put it in and works great! Hit CD second time and says DJ instead of CD when using the RCA inputs. Really cool!

Last edited:

QWKRN U

1 0f 72 Build #159
Established Member
anyone with an 04 have one that works?

BTW for those with a 03 looking for an adapter...
This guy has one for sale on here..
Fdawg97lx said:
i have one of these for sale that i used in my cobra. sold the cobra last year and pulled it out before i sold it. its been sitting in my basement ever since. if anyone wants it let me know

i do have it still, looking to get $70 for it. but i noticed you have an 04. i know they changed the radio slightly in 04 so u should check to see if the 03 and 04 use the same kit.

Last edited:

Midnight_Cobra

It's an Atomic Serpent!
Established Member
You can thank me for using the search button!!

My car is a 2003. Will the CD player still work like normal. How exactly do you put the stereo on 'aux' to play an ipod?

fiveoh2go

Cleveland's OG
Established Member
Don't get your panties in a bunch sweetheart. I would rather search and ask then ask a new thread.

That's great and everything, but don't.

SVTPerformance Rules
Revised SVTP Rules
Posting Guidlines (07-17-2002 until FOREVER!)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12. Bringing old threads and polls back to the top is prohibited. The definition of “old” will be determined on a case-by-case basis by the SVTP staff. If you can not reasonably infer what constitutes an “old thread” ask a moderator.

Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy SVTPerformance!

-Travis
[email protected]

Users who are viewing this thread