Ipod Guru's enter

93LXHatch

Banned
I am having trouble with my Ipod. When i plug it up I get the Apple Logo then a folder with and exclamation point. How can I fix this? I found new hardrives on Ebay. Or should I just buy a new Ipod. Its a 20gb. Any help is appreciated.

ixi

What Would Fonzi Do?
Established Member
update the software and if that doesnt work, restore it. There is a program called Ipod Updater that is installed with itunes.

04svtdriver

I need another sports car
Established Member
If you still have your original software you could just REFLASH it if you want to say that. It'll erase everything but at least your Ipod will work. If not get the 20 Gigger

04svtdriver

I need another sports car
Established Member
Well this may sound dumb but try holding the select knob "CIRCLE IN MIDDLE" and the menu button at the same time. That is the "SOFT RESET" just a thought.

McFly

Pants!
Established Member
I just learned something interesting about Ipods. The hard drive can withstand a shock of up to 400 G's. A fighter pilot only pulls 9 in high speed banks. When the ipod is dropped, it can recognize that it is falling after about 4 inches, and it retracts the hard drive reader/needle thing so it will not damage/pierce the surface. Amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread