iphone+swimming pool=bad

badass98vert

Established Member
so today my iphone managed to get dropped into my pool, im so pissed. :fm::fm: now i have to go to apple and get a new one, which are on backorder from what ive heard so god knows when ill be getting my phone back. and does anybody know if they are still taking the 150 dollar trade in on the old ones? anyway, im kinda hoping ill wake up tomorrow and plug it in and everything will work again but im probably being too optimistic. shitty day...

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
Just take the battery and everything else you possible can apart and let it set overnight, ive had alot of run ins with droping phones in water and so far none of them have been ruined, maybe im just lucky, if you have a warranty or insurance on it and it works just pray nothing else happens to it cuz you screwed if it does, damn phone companys and their water mark stickers :nonono:

BuckChoklit

Schooled by Satan
Established Member
They'll replace them, even if it's broken because of you? I know a lot of other cell phones have little white stickers that turn red if they're dropped in water so that you can't get them replaced under warranty.

canibus

Established Member
my iphone has survived 3 months in a house with a destructive pitbull. i hope it's atleast a year before i make a thread like this

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
Do not try to turn it back on. Leave it off adn let it dry for a day or more.

It might work. I've seen some strange things with wet phones.

badass98vert

Established Member
yeah im just letting it sit right now and hopefully when i plug it in tomorrow it will work but i highly doubt it.

rezarxt

free pizza man
Established Member
Give it a few days. Ive had a cd player/phone get dropped in water and after drying, started to work again.

Grizzly Adams

Resident Hippie
Established Member
I hope that you didn't try to turn it back on while it was wet. Try taking it apart (just the back cover and battery) and burying it in a container of dry rice for a day or two. Some phones will surprise you that they still work after they dry out.

paintballpyro1

Established Member
a friend dropped their phone in a pan of water and sat for 20min and was still ringing under water! let it dry for a day and still works.

dooberGN

Established Member
I recently dropped my shitty Krazr in water and all I did was turn it off remove the battery and let it sit for a few days. It didn't work at first but then it came back to life. All I needed to do was get a new battery and I was golden.

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
sorry fellas but an iphone isnt a conventional phone. Its more than likely never going to work, and if it did the screen would be of no use as the digitizer would be shot to hell.

My Cobra

Gigidy Gigidy Gigidy
Established Member
don't turn it on. We have two way radios that come in all the time that have been dropped in to pools or lakes. We take the batteries off put them in a bag of pure distilled water. We leave it for a day or so. Take it out and dry it off. It probley will not work for the iphone. Just think its cool how it works on the two way radios

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
sorry fellas but an iphone isnt a conventional phone. Its more than likely never going to work, and if it did the screen would be of no use as the digitizer would be shot to hell.

lol. True. But I've seen quiet a few get wet and be ok.

Ty from Extreme makeover dropped his Iphone during the construction of the house in West Chester Ohio. He came in and we got it up and running. Screen was dimmer than normal though.

mx6er2587

Established Member
Just take the battery and everything else you possible can apart and let it set overnight, ive had alot of run ins with droping phones in water and so far none of them have been ruined, maybe im just lucky, if you have a warranty or insurance on it and it works just pray nothing else happens to it cuz you screwed if it does, damn phone companys and their water mark stickers :nonono:

lol handy tip if the damn thing had a removable battery. Form over function always wins right?:rollseyes

Sapperstang

Established Member
I hope that you didn't try to turn it back on while it was wet. Try taking it apart (just the back cover and battery) and burying it in a container of dry rice for a day or two. Some phones will surprise you that they still work after they dry out.

There it is! That is how to dry out small electronics. I have done the rice trick before and it does work.

badass98vert

Established Member
well it didnt work today as i figured, and i actually found an apple store close by that still had them in stock!! i called and the guy was like u better get here fast cause were down to double digits lol. i got the second to last one, so im happy now.:rolling: and now i have an old iphone to use as a paperweight :bash:

chrisheltra

Established Member
Ive dropped my phone in water before and all I did was take the batt out and put the phone in the truck for a couple of days. It was summer and I got hot as hell in there. Certainly hot enough to dry out a phone.

dooberGN

Established Member
Yeah I figured the Iphone wouldn't work it has a lot more things inside that could get damaged.

Users who are viewing this thread