ipad mini users, opinions please

J-Hem

Guy Trilby
Established Member
I have the chance to pick up the newest ipad mini for a 3rd of the retail price new in box. But I have never owned or used any Apple product other than a really basic ipod. My phone is a droid and I'm typing this on a droid based galaxy tab 2 7.0 both of which I like. I'm just wondering if I buy this thing if I'm even going to like it. Thoughts ?

weems

Mach Won
Established Member
Absolutely love mine, if anything, buy it and flip it for a profit, or tell me where you're getting it and i'll buy it.

HIonPSI

Established Member
Was thinking of picking one up just because it would be nice (and easier) to browse and mess around n that instead of my laptop. Where are you getting that deal too :lol1:

wieduwilt

"30 clips in a mag"
Established Member
I have the chance to pick up the newest ipad mini for a 3rd of the retail price new in box. But I have never owned or used any Apple product other than a really basic ipod. My phone is a droid and I'm typing this on a droid based galaxy tab 2 7.0 both of which I like. I'm just wondering if I buy this thing if I'm even going to like it. Thoughts ?

I am by no means an Apple fanboy, but I do really like Apple products, and especially their software. Do you have any experience using OSX or iOS? I just love the feel of it. It's very user friendly. Also, I might add, from my experience Apple's customer service it top-notch.

Do you have an Apple store or BestBuy near you? I'd recommend stopping by one of those tomorrow and fooling around with the ones on display for a while to see if you like the feel of it.

KurtDog

Established Member
Just make sure its actually in the box before buying it. I've heard of scams where people are selling the boxes with fake ipads in them.

I like mine alot.

J-Hem

Guy Trilby
Established Member
I am by no means an Apple fanboy, but I do really like Apple products, and especially their software. Do you have any experience using OSX or iOS? I just love the feel of it. It's very user friendly. Also, I might add, from my experience Apple's customer service it top-notch.

Do you have an Apple store or BestBuy near you? I'd recommend stopping by one of those tomorrow and fooling around with the ones on display for a while to see if you like the feel of it.

Never used ios etc. And this is a one off deal. And I'm not revealing my source ;-). No apple store here but the best buy thing is a good idea. Think ill go down there tomorrow and fiddle with a display model.:beer:

wieduwilt

"30 clips in a mag"
Established Member
Never used ios etc. And this is a one off deal. And I'm not revealing my source ;-). No apple store here but the best buy thing is a good idea. Think ill go down there tomorrow and fiddle with a display model.:beer:

Let me know what you think. If you don't like it, you can always still buy it because of the deal, turn around and sell it for profit.

Let me know if you have any questions. I'd be glad to help.

Sick SVT

Established Member
I was an android user for awhile. I have a rezound phone, galaxy tab,etc. My work gave me an iPhone 4s for business use which was the first apple product I used and love it. I then bought an ipad and sold my galaxy tab and haven't looked back. I personally love the apple products for its simplicity and will continue to buy them. I say buy it. If you end up not liking it the used market for apple products is insane. You could sell it very easily and walk away with cash.

Last edited:

rockinrhodes

IsThereSomethinInMyTeeth
Established Member
My jailbroken iPhone 4S is amazing in all aspects, so the iPad's can't be much different. The only thing stopping me from getting one is the capacity. 64gb's is just not enough for my music.

BRNG ITT

Established Member
Wait for the mini 2 (or whatever they call it) with retina display. My wife and kids have the mini, and I have an iPad 4. The ONLY reason that I haven't already sold my iPad 4 and bought a mini is the drastic difference between the resolution. It has been hard though not to give in.......only another month or two! :bash:

But like someone said, if you can actually get it new for 1/3 the price, buy it and flip it for a profit.

ParamedicMXr

Established Member
LOVE my mini. Got the 32gb cell version from the GF for christmas. Its small, portable, and i can take it anywhere and get online since its on the LTE network. I bought an otter box for it and ive dropped it several times and no issues. I dont notice too much of a difference in display unless you put an iPad with retina display next to the mini. I think its a fantastic little toy.

coposrv

Established Member
I got one for my girlfriend. Its 10x easier to use for messing around on the interwebz. Go for it.

Users who are viewing this thread