IPAD and Data logging

2008vistablue

Established Member
I have an SCT x3 connected to a wideband. Wondering if anyone has successfully data logged their car using an ipad instead of a laptop. Any advice?

GodStang

Established Member
They have a setup specifically for this and thought about getting it just have not yet.

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
The SCT setup is kinda basic. It just let's you upload a canned tune and it has a few virtual gauges.

Check out the PLX Kiwi WIFI. It's an OBD II interface that creates an ad hoc wireless network in your car for your iPhone or iPad to connect to.

Once connected, you can download several apps that are compatible, including REV, DashCommand, and FuzzyCar among others. All of these apps will show you all the live data from the car, but REV and DashCommand have the best virtual gauges that are fully configurable. DashCommand is the only one that has an app optimized for the iPad's larger screen, but they all work.

You can't edit tunes with this setup, but you can read and clear DTC's.

Check em out and let me know what you think.

I used it the other day to help diagnose lean codes by pulling up the fuel trim and MAF data. Since its wireless, I could put it in a safe place within my view as I clamped off vacuum lines and did a propane test.

Turbo900rr

Established Member
DO NOT but the itsx. It still will not data log. I called sct and they told me this and I said wtf are you selling this with out telling people they will not datalog? Their response and I quote "buy a x3 and use it to datalog" I was pissed. Had to bite the bullet and do it anyway. Good thing Is it's not locked so when itsx finally will datalog I can sell the x3 as a new tuner.

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
DO NOT but the itsx. It still will not data log. I called sct and they told me this and I said wtf are you selling this with out telling people they will not datalog? Their response and I quote "buy a x3 and use it to datalog" I was pissed. Had to bite the bullet and do it anyway. Good thing Is it's not locked so when itsx finally will datalog I can sell the x3 as a new tuner.

It has a long long way to come. Unfortunately, this system was designed for the everyday novice consumer, rather than the more advanced consumer /weekend racer that is more interested in all these extra features. It's basically idiot proof.

There are far more advanced iOS apps for interfacing with the computer to display data, and yes, datalog. The Rev app will datalog up to 5 parameters on a line graph for any specified period of time. And I think FuzzyCar might datalog everything it displays if im not mistaken.

Unfortunately the OBDII interface is different for the iTSX vs the other apps that are actually functional.

I want to see one of the tuning companies come out with a semi professional iPhone and iPad application that allows all the same functionality as an advanced OBD computer, with added digital dash capabilities. Maybe not as advanced as the actual tuning software that is used on the dyno itself, but something better than this.

Give it a couple years or a few other competitors and we'll see much better options.

Users who are viewing this thread