IP address search help..

chvybeatsford

Established Member
OK.. Before u ask no fowl play here(our side) but have some questions to help a friend out.

Let's start with what happen..
A friend has had some one get into her gmail email. Well from there u can access hang outs and other gmail functions. The problem here is they started a bunch of bs claiming to be here with other friends for unknown reasons. Now at first thought maybe random person. Till I got to her house and saw messages in Google hang outs talking 15year old history about a guys wife and getting him all pissed. Then news to my brothers wife's email talking about how she cheets on my bro.. In both the person used actual names and knew info that a random wouldn't know. All this last night with a wedding today that all involved are attending.. Kinda like they wanted trouble started.

So my question. Yes law is involved. But we have a idea who may have done it but how can one see the email ip address that a certain email was sent from. She is able to see all sent emails from her gmail so these were sent through he real email and not some be type. From there is there a way to compare or see the address maybe with the ip address.

If this is any way illegal just let me know and won't keep at it. If any one here does this on the side or what not she said she be willing to pay as it also had some nasty emails about her son (6yrs)sent to people she meet only through our Relay for life cancer team.

Thanks in advanced and if in the wrong place please move and sorry..

Last edited:

FIVEHOE

Established Member
I'm sure some people here could help you find the IP of the person who sent out that email, but it may be illegal / immoral to those people.

Either way good luck with the wedding today!

chvybeatsford

Established Member
Thanks . yea police involved but our small town didn't even known what to call this.. Also wonder what type of charges can she put on this person. Since local pd had no clue I would have said cyber stalking at least. Seems to me setting all this up less than 24,hours before everyone would be together may cause physical problems. The one friend talked back and forth with who he thought was her till he got feed up.

SirShaun

Established Member
Google may have it all figured out for you...

https://support.google.com/mail/answer/45938?hl=en

If this doesn't help you may be SOL. You can see IPs in your inbox by clicking the drop down and showing original message. Doesn't work for the sent folder tho, I guess because it figures its your account, you sent it.

Beyond this, you would need to have google send you a longer list of "last activity".

Last edited:

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Sounds like some psycho chick wanted to stir up a bunch of drama.

I fail to see how this warrants police involvement? High school bs all around...

chvybeatsford

Established Member
Thanks sent her the link..

Police involved as one of the people the stalker was talking to got very made and his wife was ready to bust butt(fight)., so stalker started a possible injury to friend.

SweetSVT99

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
I gotta say... My first reaction was your friend sent the emails after a cocktail or two and is now trying to explain it away.

RX1Cobra

Established Member
I gotta say... My first reaction was your friend sent the emails after a cocktail or two and is now trying to explain it away.

Pretty good theory... or maybe could she have leave her phone out where someone could get access and do this?

chvybeatsford

Established Member
Not done from a phone. But the people she suspects, she did use their computer a few weeks ago and may have forgot to sign out her gmail. And I don't use hangouts but I think u can do on the PC and acts like a text. Lots of bs drama.. Only part I don't like is mentioning the kid. My friends a window who lost he husband to cancer right after their son was born 4 years ago.

I'm not involved but to help her maybe find who did this.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
please tell me you are typing this on a phone with a tiny keypad ..

and in reality here there is not much she can do. but good luck on that.

sam86

Established Member
good luck man, these situations are typically tough to resolve..they typically dead end due to a lack of info.

chvybeatsford

Established Member
please tell me you are typing this on a phone with a tiny keypad ..

and in reality here there is not much she can do. but good luck on that.
Yes was also trying to watch a show. Wasn't to worried how my text looked.
good luck man, these situations are typically tough to resolve..they typically dead end due to a lack of info.
Thanks. What's bad is the people she thinks were the ones there for her during and since husband passing. Seems people now days will turn on a dime.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Yes was also trying to watch a show. Wasn't to worried how my text looked.
this much is certain lol

Thanks. What's bad is the people she thinks were the ones there for her during and since husband passing. Seems people now days will turn on a dime.
OR she is assigning blame in the wrong place. while it is true people can turn on a dime, her laying the blame on them without proof is not much better than what she accuses them of doing

Users who are viewing this thread