iOSX compatibility?

Electrokid

Established Member
Been searching around a bit, and haven't been able to find a definitive answer.

I'm looking to buy an SCT tuner but only have Mac computers in my house.

Is there any ways to run the SCT tuner programs such as downloading or uploading tunes with a Mac? Or is it only for Windows based computers?

What is the alternative if there is no Mac compatibility besides running something like boot camp?
If I get tune emailed is it possible to just hook up the SCT to a relative's computer and load it that way?

Thanks

Electrokid

Established Member
They just said that at this time they do not have any OSX based software for their products.

Basically what I'm just going to do is install the software on a relative's PC and just load my tunes from there. My father also run's only Mac, but is getting a work PC soon so I will probably just do it on that. Kind of a pain in the butt, but the alternative is to go and buy a cheap netbook.

coposrv

Established Member
You can find a netbook for half the cost of the SCT handheld. I have 3 laptops. Work provided, personal accounting and whatever side work and then the car. The netbook I got I paid 200 for. Well worth it.

GTAmuscle

Established Member
I would just do bootcamp. Go get a cheap copy of windows 7 and load it up that's what I do anyways. Just partition 30GB and you'll be more than set.

Electrokid

Established Member
I would just do bootcamp. Go get a cheap copy of windows 7 and load it up that's what I do anyways. Just partition 30GB and you'll be more than set.

Now that I think about it I'm pretty sure I have a copy of XP Pro lying in a closet somewhere.

03DontMach

Established Member
You can always get parallel desktop but boot camp would be ideal. Even if the cd key wont work. You can still use windows without a cd key!

Users who are viewing this thread