Invinci Shield Home Install Report

cobra23

Established Member
I just finished installing the Invincishield kit on my hood and hood wings.

They send you the pre-cut 3M material, an "how to" video, a few ounces of isopropyl (rubbing alcohol), and a hard plastic squeegee.

The secret is to use a lot, and I mean A LOT of spray. It went on easy and is almost invisible on my black hood. Total install took 30 minutes from start to finish .

My only complaint is that the hood piece is about 1/2" short on each side. I wonder how hard it is to measure a solid hood?

All in all $53 for about $10 worth of material that doesn't quite fit right. So how do you send it back when you have already peeled it off the backing and soaked it with solution?

Bottom line: Looks:8, Functionality: 10, Value: 4

JoeAsheville

Asheville NC-Bohemian Wonderland
Established Member
Could you post a picture for us? Please? I've been thinking about this but I'd like to see what it looks like on the car.

I only live about an hour from where this stuff is manufactured, so I'm thinking about having them actually put it on the car to save this exact sort of annoyance. If it doesn't fit then they eat it...

NetworkingGuru

Established Member
Originally posted by cobra23
All in all $53 for about $10 worth of material that doesn't quite fit right.

I have a link to order the scotchcal (uncut) direct. I will post it as soon as I can find it, but I think it's like $10 for 10 feet.

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
NetworkingGuru,
Yes, please post the link. I think a few cardboard or paper templates and a few hours work would be worth saving a few hundred dollars, especially if the scotchcal is only a buck a foot!
If you are going to buy some and it comes in bulk, let me know, I'll split it with you.

Thanks,
Dana

f4sfed

Established Member
Good write up cobra23. Mine just came on Friday, and you saying that the install only took 30 minutes is reassuring. I'll probably attempt the install sometime this week. I'll try to post pics when complete.

NetworkingGuru, that link would be great! Then I could make my own replacement pieces. :)

agbulit

Established Member
the material is made to stretch to fit...you should have stretched it to the edges of the hood to make up for the gaps.:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread