Investers...

2FST4USonicBlue

Established Member
Anyone here like to play in the stock market?? I know its a crappy time for some, but for new investers, now is the time to get in when things are down. Just wasnt sure if anyone else was jumping on the opportunity and if so, what investments are yall looking at, i.e. - financials, oil and gas, ect.

90slow50

90slow5.0
Established Member
Anyone here like to play in the stock market?? I know its a crappy time for some, but for new investers, now is the time to get in when things are down. Just wasnt sure if anyone else was jumping on the opportunity and if so, what investments are yall looking at, i.e. - financials, oil and gas, ect.

After reading about your advice to "investers" I would venture to guess that you aren't one, and that I won't be taking any investing advice from you.

2FST4USonicBlue

Established Member
I wasnt giving any advice, I was looking for advice. Nowhere in there was i trying to sell the idea of a cerain stock, I was asking what people were investing in. By the way, there are tons of people that are investing right now.

mcdover

Established Member

Fannie Mae & Ford

90slow50

90slow5.0
Established Member
...I know its a crappy time for some, but for new investers, now is the time to get in when things are down.

That right there sounds like some advice to me.

And I would be willing to bet this is similar to your portfolio?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rTLZujmHXY]YouTube - meet the parents[/ame]

txyaloo

Established Member
IMO, now is not the right time to get in for a small time investor. The market is too volatile, and we still haven't hit a bottom. I'll keep my money in bonds while continuing to research good companies until things settle down a little bit more.

I wouldn't put money in Ford yet. Negative growth and EPS is not a good thing.

ford.jpg

mcdover

Established Member
IMO, now is not the right time to get in for a small time investor. The market is too volatile, and we still haven't hit a bottom. I'll keep my money in bonds while continuing to research good companies until things settle down a little bit more.

I wouldn't put money in Ford yet. Negative growth and EPS is not a good thing.

ford.jpg

Oh, I agree Ford's growth and EPS are terrible, but their stock has been hammered, and of the 3 American car makers, they are in the best shape. Now, if Bush realeases TARP funds or Congress passes the bailout, Ford's stock could easily double. I look for Treasury to release the money, next week at the latest. When that happens, Ford and GM stock should see an immediate jump in price. My regret, is not loading up yesterday when it drop down around 2.60/sh on the news of the bailout collapse. The price crept back up all day, peaking at 3.21 and closed at 3.04. That would have been a very nice, one-day gain.

2FST4USonicBlue

Established Member

I was talking about myself you douche. I already invested in Genworth Financial and Hartford in which I sold my shares of Genworth yesterdy and made a few thousand and also did the same with Hartford (bought it a a little over 4.00 a few weeks agao) on Monday (which I should of held on to). i was just looking for advice on some steals, becasue there are plenty out there. i was looking at Ford and probably should have bought it when it was at 1.08. but I do appreciate you taking the time to go on You Tube and find that excert from Meet the Parents, it shows how much of a life you dont have.

crazy1one

Established Member
Why is everyone on this board so damn confrontational, it’s like everyone thinks they are the smartest thing to ever grace this board. There are usually a lot of different views and perspectives to any given subject why not respect peoples opinions instead of giving a snide remark

90slow50

90slow5.0
Established Member

I was talking about myself you douche. I already invested in Genworth Financial and Hartford in which I sold my shares of Genworth yesterdy and made a few thousand and also did the same with Hartford (bought it a a little over 4.00 a few weeks agao) on Monday (which I should of held on to). i was just looking for advice on some steals, becasue there are plenty out there. i was looking at Ford and probably should have bought it when it was at 1.08. but I do appreciate you taking the time to go on You Tube and find that excert from Meet the Parents, it shows how much of a life you dont have.[/quote]

OK kid. You win! I was just making a joke, but as usual this SVTPerformance thing is VERY serious.

Have a great day!

90slow50

90slow5.0
Established Member
I was talking about myself you douche. I already invested in Genworth Financial and Hartford in which I sold my shares of Genworth yesterdy and made a few thousand and also did the same with Hartford (bought it a a little over 4.00 a few weeks agao) on Monday (which I should of held on to). i was just looking for advice on some steals, becasue there are plenty out there. i was looking at Ford and probably should have bought it when it was at 1.08. but I do appreciate you taking the time to go on You Tube and find that excert from Meet the Parents, it shows how much of a life you dont have.

OK kid. You win! I was just making a joke, but as usual this SVTPerformance thing is VERY serious.

Have a great day!

mcdover

Established Member

Ford at 1.08 and Fannie Mae at .30 have to be right up there with the best deals of all time. People who loaded up at these prices are going to be very, very happy.

txyaloo

Established Member
Ford at 1.08 and Fannie Mae at .30 have to be right up there with the best deals of all time. People who loaded up at these prices are going to be very, very happy.

I wouldn't buy Fannie Mae either. Their own executives are dumping the stock. That's normally not a good sign when the executives don't have faith in the company.

Last edited:

2FST4USonicBlue

Established Member
Citigroup is another financial that if you would have bought around the middle of November at 3.70 you would have more than doubled your profit selling it yesterday.

mcdover

Established Member
I wouldn't buy Fannie Mae either. Their own executives are dumping the stock. That's normally not a good sign when the executives don't have faith in the company.

:lol::lol::lol: 66,372 shares have been sold by insiders in the last six months. Considering company insiders control over 57 MILLION shares, I would hardly call that "dumping the stock". Hell, I owned over 123000 shares myself a couple of weeks ago. Of course, I dumped all of them a week after purchasing for a quick 35% gain. Would've double my money if I had gotten out a little sooner. Ford should pop no later than the end of next week, and when it does, I probably unload all of it and get back into Fannie now that it's back down around .70/share.

mcdover

Established Member
Write it down, circle it and take it to the Bank. If you want to make some money, buy Ford and Fannie Mae.

Users who are viewing this thread