Inverter for 2004 SVT Cobra Instrument Cluster

imacgyver

Hi!
I‘m new to SVT Performance. I have a 2004 SVT Mystichrome Cobra Convertible, and my instrument cluster has gone dark. I’ve seen videos telling me that I need a new Inverter for the instrument cluster. Does anyone know where I can buy a new Inverter? Please email me at:
[email protected]
Thanks for the help!

shurur

Established Member
Pm mwolsom.
He is the most knowledgeable about the clusters.

Last edited:

bull_dog190

Established Member
Hi!
I‘m new to SVT Performance. I have a 2004 SVT Mystichrome Cobra Convertible, and my instrument cluster has gone dark. I’ve seen videos telling me that I need a new Inverter for the instrument cluster. Does anyone know where I can buy a new Inverter? Please email me at:
[email protected]
Thanks for the help!
Mind if I ask how many miles are on the car? Did it just go dark all of the sudden or was it a gradual thing? I'm fearing the day this happens to mine, trying to be prepaired.

Saint

Established Member

Apparently Speedhut carries an inverter replacement but it's not as bright. That thread is very informative though.

imacgyver

Mind if I ask how many miles are on the car? Did it just go dark all of the sudden or was it a gradual thing? I'm fearing the day this happens to mine, trying to be prepaired.
It just happened all of a sudden…worked one day, but not the next time. I rarely drive it at night, so the time between using the headlights and instrument lights was maybe a month or two. A You Tube video I watched on how to repair the problem mentioned that one SVT Performance member has repaired more than 50 Cobras with this problem. I like to find out who that might be, and possibly mail him panel to repair. I’d appreciate it if any member could refer me to him…

bull_dog190

Established Member
It just happened all of a sudden…worked one day, but not the next time. I rarely drive it at night, so the time between using the headlights and instrument lights was maybe a month or two. A You Tube video I watched on how to repair the problem mentioned that one SVT Performance member has repaired more than 50 Cobras with this problem. I like to find out who that might be, and possibly mail him panel to repair. I’d appreciate it if any member could refer me to him…
Yes its probably something we all should know. Anyone able to help??

Users who are viewing this thread