Invalid Http Request Header

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
Start with the obvious.

Make sure browser is up-to-date
Clear browser cache
run virus/malware scans

For what it's worth I was not able to replicate the issue.

I'm on Win7 Home Premium SP1 using Firefox 30.0

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
Did all that, I'm now trying to delete the cookies.sqlite and cookies.txt

I'm running Windows 7, Firefox 30 also.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
have you tried a different browser? That'll pinpoint if it's a firefox issue or an issue systemic to your machine.

Not sure it'd do anything but you can try clearing your DNS resolver cache. I'd also check to make sure any AV firewalls aren't causing the issue on your end.

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
If I clear the cookie from that site it works for one page, then you goto the next page on that website and it occurs again.

There was a guy on here a while back that claimed he could clear all malware and viruses without any software programs, in mere minutes, a real know it all type. I'm sure he will not read this thread and respond, LOL.

Perhaps I can find out who that was and see if he really knows his stuff. Of course he's probably googling the hell out of it for a fix right now.

Last edited:

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
If you haven't done basic troubleshooting like trying a different browser, you need to do that first. Sure there's people that can dive into your registry and make changes rather quickly. I wouldn't recommend that unless you really know what you're doing.

That's what programs like malware bytes, JRT etc. do. Those tools can generally be had free or on a fully functional free trial.

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
IE will pull it on this computer. I'm sure it's a corruption somewhere.

Last edited:

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
Okay, so that tells you it's not a browser related issue. It's something systemic with your system or connection.

The next easiest steps are to reset your connection equipment. After that I'd also disable any currently active adblockers, AV programs etc. then give it a try. If this causes a positive outcome, you more than likely have a firewall issue involved.

However I really think you have some malware on the machine that the above mentioned programs should take care of.

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
I run several malware sweep tools periodically and have reset the networking equipment many times since I first noticed a website that had this issue months ago. I wonder if the router or something somehow manipulates the website request? although I would not think that's it because other computers using this same setup have no issue. It's really not a big deal, I've only seen 2 websites on the net that even display this issue.

Last edited:

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
Ok, this is strange, If I prevent that site from loading cookie's at all I get no more invalid header error's. So it is cookie handling related, I'm testing that same thing on the other site now.

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
So now it's a catch 22, disabling the cookie solves the error, but now I can't log into the website as it needs the cookie. LOL.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
What are your privacy settings at? Usually medium or medium high is your best bet. You want to accept third party cookies from sites with a compact privacy policy.

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
I've changed the settings on cookies to accept all and get the same result, this includes third party.

I also tried clearing the DNS cache.

Last edited:

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
That might be on another machine, but not this one, damn good guess though!

Users who are viewing this thread