Intune installed. May have ping

Heavyfoot

Established Member
Hi guys. I just installed the intune tonight and when I went down the road to test drive it I heard an unfamiliar noise coming from the floor board. Almost like a rattle or something. I'm running 93 in the tank, but went and filled up with some more 93 from a local chevron and then loaded the 91 tune and still hear it.
I did a data log on the intune, but I can't read it. It looks like jibberish.
Can anyone verify or deny that this sounds like the symptoms of pinging. It happens when I get on it, not when I'm just at a cruise.
Thanks for any help.

Heavyfoot

Established Member
Well this morning when I got in the car it had a little bit when I first started driving and by the time I got to work I couldn't get it to do it.
Maybe it was the heat last night (although it wasn't really that hot) or maybe it was crappy had in the tank. I'll find out more when I get off work today.

5pointohh

ballin' on a budget
Established Member
wow, this is odd. you didn't adjust any of the parameters did you? how are you liking the intune otherwise?

edit: i've had my tune in 100' weather with air intake temps up to 110' and have noticed no ping.

Last edited:

Heavyfoot

Established Member
No I didn't touch it besides the tire size. I installed the 93 tune and got ping. So Installed the 91 and and still had it last night. On my way to work this morning it went away though. I was close to empty last night when I loaded the tune and put new gas in it. Ok thinking it may have been the gas from before. I'm not sure yet.

Heavyfoot

Established Member
Otherwise. The intune is awesome. I've only gotten on it twice today on the way to work (on light traffic roads,of course. What other kind are there at 5am lol). It really woke my auto up as far as throttle response and former shifts. I can't really tell if it has more power or if its just the awesome throttle response that makes it feels so much more powerful. And unfortunately I have been a little nervous about stomping on it cause of the noise I heard.
I haven't even gotten to do a pull from zero mph yet. Which is what i wanted to do the most lol.
I'll definitely get some update for u guys and place another review after the whole pinging/noise issue is resolved.

Users who are viewing this thread