Introduction and Question

guitar1118

Established Member
Yes, I've been lurking for aprox. 2 months now, found my 03 Cobra convertable setting in a bank parking lot for sale (repo) and after a couple of weeks of discussing it, My wife and myself, decided to purchase it, sold my GT and did the deed, Haven't looked back, they are great cars, fun as hell to drive and yes it makes me smile every time I drive it:D:D:D. I have been reading back on this forum, working through the old post and learning from all the experiance here. You guys are great. I just finished getting minor dings and paint work done on the car and will post pictures when I have a good sunny day to take some.

The question, rather coincidentally I see someone just asked something about the same, I just got back from the dealership up the street because I blew a plug from cylinder #7 Saturday (of course I have read since then they need to be tightened every oil change), The shop I talked with only does helicoils, not timeserts and doesn't even guarantee there work, Crazy!!! They say Ford considers it a temporary fix only, I'm sure they want to sell new heads and that is not in my budget right now. Yes they appear to be the four hole heads, still learning about my car everyday. I'm courious if there is anyone here on the board from the Wichita Ks. area and if so do they know of a good shop around the area to work on Cobras?

By the way, the car has 61,000 miles on it and the plugs are NKD's, I had pulled and checked a couple of them when I bought it and they looked good so I didn't change them, In learning here they look fairly new so I assume they wern't torqued right when changed so I'll tighten them all when I get done with the head fix.

Thanx!

Last edited:

MoKo_03SVT

=]~
Established Member
congrats on the purchase!

treat her w/lots of love and respect and she'll do the same for you =]

just an fyi i had to get a spark plug on my 04 GT (back when i had it) heli-coiled. my brother and law is a mechanic and did the job for me. it took him all of 20minutes, and the heli-coil fixed it. it held for 2+ years, and was still there and holding when i got rid of it.

Users who are viewing this thread