Introducing One ILLSaleen

Saleen00_227

Established Member
I get a lot of requests for pics of my car and ive never really took the time to show it. Well since im gonna show it, might as well show you the whole process ive and its been through.

Well ive been through a lot with this baby from 3 different motors to 2 different superchargers and a twin turbo setup that never really seemed to work right. Ya its been 4 years of Wonderful experiences and 2 years of headaches.

When i first bought it. The first thing i did was paint the interior. Then later decided i wanted a system but not too crazy. Later realized that the car was slow and put an S-trim Vortech supercharger and aftercooler on her. Car made 395rwhp and 355rwtq. Springs were custom made for the height i wanted from Sprint Springs. The ride was wonderfully soft. Not for track but lovely for daily. Ya i was happy. I even painted all the grills and the rear bumper silver.

Well i went to a lot of shows and street races. Was a nice car. ya i loved it, then i blew my motor AFTER ONE YEAR!?. AFter my motor blew i kinda went over board. I bought a crate motor built in Atlanta georgia, Upgraded To an T-Trim Supercharger, built the whole rear end, Bought a Viperspec T56 tranny, Got New rims, Sparco Seats, and a bunch of other things............Spent well over 20k. DUDE but this was the time of my life. The car lasted 3 years ran beautifully made 500+hp at the wheels and I beat almost everyone i encountered on the road (never encountered anyone Really fast obviously) even a 750gsxr. I even went to shows to see what i can win.

Well After going to 3 shows. I realized that it was kinda hard for me to win. The reason why was because they wanted the car to be really modified......they ment EVERYTHING had to be changed. WEll here i went and decided to change my damn paint....... Went through two different types of Kandy Burple color. The first was just too purple... the second was just perfect. I have to say, only a couple years old and changing the color of my car........this was the hardest decision i had to make. keep in mind this was the first car i ever bought so ya i treasured it.

After the paint. I did many shows and won almost all of them. I only showed for 2 years and won over 15 trophies at import shows. Ya, After the paint i realized i had to get new rims. So i sold the ones i had to someone here on the forum and bought the same ones in polished. HEre are a few pics at its Peak. This Was sometime in 04-05.

Late 05 while i was driving and mashing on it for a while some guy pulls up to my car and tells me how the exhausts let out a puff of smoke when i shift....I guess the rings were going... so i decided to get a Second Motor built by Superior Motorsports in Buena Park. Also decided to go twin Turbo and install a Motec Stand Alone system. Bad Bad Decisions..........after 20k more the car was at its Best but worst state. YEs it Looked bad ass. I loved how the twin turbo's felt and looked. But It never really ran right. Oh ya and i also went with the Maximum Motorsport K-member, Torque arm and Panhard bar as well as coil overs. The motec was never made for daily driving so at idle and stop and go traffic it was bad really bad, the turbo set up was a bad design and had oil back up issues that made my car smoke most of the time, The suspension was too stiff and the K-member pushed the tires out too much since the custom brakes already had flushed the tires to the fender. For a whole year i had many problems that i couldn't fix and really didn't have time for. I graduated from school and just got a new job and seriously was tired of dealing with it. The car was never the same after these changes.

So In 07. I decide to jsut get my car running. So i sold the TT setup and Got myself the new 2.6 Big Bore from KB. Also, i took the motec out and installed the stock ECU with a chip on it. After this it ran fine again. Now in 08 im changing the suspension back to normal. I jsut want this car running so i can enjoy it like i use to. After the suspension change im hoping i don't have to make anymore changes and just drive the thing. I havent even floored the damn thing with the new motor so i don't even trust the motor yet. WE'll see what happens next.

Ive tried to make my story as short as possible. Trust me there was more to this life story of my car but know most of you don't care to read it all. Enjoy the pics!

dsrtdukone

Hurts when I pee
Established Member
Aside from being hit with a "sticker bomb", your car looks GREAT. Ever had it to the track?

AintShePurty

Established Member
dude...awesome story. and to top it off...You left dessert for us at the end w/the GIF's!!!!!!! LOVE THE CAR BRO!!

FATPAUL

To The Bat-Mobile!
Established Member
Not really diggin the tail lights, go back to stock. I love that ****in color man saweet!

Saleen00_227

Established Member
Stickers. had to have them for the shows since they gave us stuff. AMG calipers. just to be different and have an 8-piston setup that no one has. Taillights....ya i know but i sold the stock ones. Anyone have a pair in good condition?

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
Stickers. had to have them for the shows since they gave us stuff. AMG calipers. just to be different and have an 8-piston setup that no one has. Taillights....ya i know but i sold the stock ones. Anyone have a pair in good condition?

ok that still doesnt answer the fact why you kept the amg on there. And whats the point in having an 8 piston caliper when thats not a track car? I would leave them on there but remove the AMG as it looks really tacky.

Saleen00_227

Established Member
I kept the AMG just to show where they came from. Ya i tracked it 3 times at willow springs big track, 2 times at streets of willow. Took it to LACR twice. All when it was black. after the expensive paint i havent tracked it. Not planning to take it off, sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread