Introduce Yourself.....

C Weil

Established Member
02YZ125 said:
Yeah, whats up man... I saw you at Brad's once when I was getting my bottle filled but you were on your way out so I didnt get a chance to introduce myself. Your Saleen is simply awesome, me and my buddy sat outside and stared at it for a good 30mins while Dane filled my bottle. Amazing.

The 96 still has a few things that I need to take care of before I sell it (nitrous uninstallation) but I will probably be asking somewhere in the 13-14k range for it. Feel free to PM me.

Steve

Heh, thanks, but it won't really be cool until I finish up with the current installations. THEN it will be rediculous.

As for the 96, all I can say is dang it! Too rich for my blood at the moment. Looking for a daily driver mustang to drive around here in California, but I don't have the funds for that much car. I didn't realize until after I asked you that it had a Vortech on it, so I should've known! Very cool car though, good luck with selling it. That's a good price.

ccjcobra99

Established Member
10Key said:
I work for Berntson Porter & Company, your company's accounting firm. I believe I may have met you at an ABC or AGC meeting.

I should have guessed by the username :). It was an ABC function. You stick around on a message board to long and your car will miracoulsly begin to deviate from stock. Good to meet you.

ccjcobra99

Established Member
C Weil said:
Heh, thanks, but it won't really be cool until I finish up with the current installations. THEN it will be rediculous.

As for the 96, all I can say is dang it! Too rich for my blood at the moment. Looking for a daily driver mustang to drive around here in California, but I don't have the funds for that much car. I didn't realize until after I asked you that it had a Vortech on it, so I should've known! Very cool car though, good luck with selling it. That's a good price.

C... A friend of mine is selling a 535i for around $1900.00, If your interested I will pass his name on. (Also a local lapping day junky).

10Key

Established Member
ccjcobra: I actually sat next to your mom last night at the ABC meeting, it was the first time I have met her in person; nice lady.

C Weil

Established Member
34.jpg

That's her! And, uh, me, with a shirt that is way way way too large for me (I'm not actually fat). This was at the Roundup's open track day. Definitely yellow!

As far as when it will be done, I don't know. I'm still waiting on fuel system parts and turbo kit (with a spare sitting in my garage... :xplode: ), then i have to install them. THEN I have to do a bunch of busy work, like switching k-members/motor mounts & moving engine back forward, wiring gauges/boost controller, changing the valve covers/coil covers (the former is a pain on the drivers side), install shifter, chip, extending COP/IAC/coolant temp wires, extend part of the tranny harness, wire up a reverse lockout solenoid (maybe), make the oil and power steering fluid cooler setups, fuel pump and battery cutoff switches ( :rockon: ), change oil, P/S fluid and A/C refridgerant, prime the bitch up, then start it and get it running. Break in, tune, etc etc. It's going to probably take a day and a half or two days on the dyno. I also need to find one of those...geez. There's a lot of work left to be done. And that hasn't even taken into account the problems that I'm sure I'll encounter!

Yikes.

Edit: I forgot the best part...I have to take the oil pan off AGAIN to get bigger oil returns welded in. I had -8 ones welded in for the HP setup, but the IC setup needs -10 (which HP SHOULD have)...so off it comes. Now that it's in the car, that's going to be a bitch. Sigh.)

I'm still trying to find a reputable mustang dyno that really knows what they're doing. I've got too much money in this to take chances since I can't do it again. I refuse to take it to Bloods.

I'll be back in March for about 1.5-2 weeks, and I'll spend maybe a week of it working nonstop. With any luck I'll be able to come back in June with only a little bit more to go to get it tuned, etc. It has to be driving before July for me to even consider taking it out to track and show.

Should be pretty cool though.

Last edited:

C Weil

Established Member
Yup, but I also have a good bit behind me. It's the name of the game when doing swaps/installs this big! It's all worth it eventually.

Users who are viewing this thread