Intro to my TT cobra setup.

mkb116

Established Member
Finally got the first start today, so I wanted to share with those of you who may be interested in a twin turbo 13 year old car, lol. We have to tidy up a few things, then we can get back to the track.

Came from a e85/2.9 crusher setup at 24 LBS. Looking forward to this new setup.

Lots more coming in the future:
Cage, 6R80 swap, standalone, and a new motor.

Thanks for watching!

MG0h3

Established Member
Exciting stuff. I always said I wouldnt, but I may again some day! Nothing like the pull of a turbo car.

stangfreak

Established Member
awesome. would love info on how you are doing the 6R80 swap. usually with our cars we see a th400 or a 4R.

mkb116

Established Member
awesome. would love info on how you are doing the 6R80 swap. usually with our cars we see a th400 or a 4R.

The controllers are out for it now.
The setup is going to be:

Circle D converter
Baumann controller/harness
Billet intermediate shaft
Exedy stage 2 clutches
Stifflers trans mount

And I'm going to try to make the stock 2015 mustang shifter work.

These things are doing amazing things in stock form and with just the intermediate shaft and clutch upgrade, running 8's. And they way only slightly more than the 4 speeds.

stangfreak

Established Member
so with the baumann controller you can let the car shift by itself or you can shift it yourself correct? If you get a chance pm me where you are getting all this stuff like the transmission, the controllers, etc. or does someone offer a kit?

oldmodman

Established Member
Will you be able to fit filters on the turbos after the front bumper is reinstalled?
And how was the fitment of the turbo kit? Any special fabrication needed?
And did you go with the stock hot side parts?
It must feel really great to fire it up after all that work.
Can't wait to see your videos of it making a pass.

mkb116

Established Member
Will you be able to fit filters on the turbos after the front bumper is reinstalled?
And how was the fitment of the turbo kit? Any special fabrication needed?
And did you go with the stock hot side parts?
It must feel really great to fire it up after all that work.
Can't wait to see your videos of it making a pass.

Yeah the turbo filters should fit, they are very small, but we haven't tried to put the bumper back on yet.

The turbo kit fit great actually. This is my first dive into turbos so I wanted a kit, rather than fabbing one from scratch.

It has truly been a bolt on kit, only a couple minor minor issues, turbo gaskets and zinc bolts, which I didn't want to use, so I purchased stainless bolts. I also purchased DEI heat wrap for the piping, just as added insurance as the kit didn't come with it.

I didn't use the maximum motorsports k member, I already had a team Z, and no issues there.

It did feel great, finally!, haha.

Thanks, I'm going to try to keep posting update videos along the way, new motor, 6r80 swap, the track.

Feel free to subscribe, when people subscribe it's motivating to get to the next step and get a new video up!

mkb116

Established Member
By the way, I got my kit from Jason at competition sound and engineering. TRBO VNM on here, he has been excellent.

Couldn't be happier with his support and willingness to answer any questions. Great prices too.

Give him a shout if you guys need any pricey parts!

mkb116

Established Member
Hellion kit with upgraded turbos.

Yeah all accessories retained, deleted the power steering cooler. That thing that bothered me most about the kit is the intercooler. There is a bracket on bottom that interferes with the power steering cooler, so I just deleted it, it's a straight line car anyways.

I guess they have a intercooler fits several different kits so they just ship that one with the extra brackets. For the cost of the kit, I think that's kind of petty. However I could have easily just cut it off.

stangfreak

Established Member
Thanks for the Pm man. Your def going to have an 8 second car without a doubt. On high boost, who knows!

Users who are viewing this thread