Intrest in a 2.2 KB, needs rebuild?

ugotbit03

4.6 ways to waste money
Established Member
Guys-
I'm tossing around the idea of selling my 2.2. Its black with about 5,500 miles. It got run low on oil, due to a rotor seal leaking and drawing the oil through the blower into the engine. Its not locked up or anything, luckliy the car was idling in the driveway when this happened. I spoke with KB and they said it would be $699 + any hard parts other then bearings and seals to completely rebuild the blower.

It is still on the car, and the only reason I want to get rid of it is that it is too small for me with my cams. Im thinking I need a bigger blower, or turbos. It has been a great blower and put the beats on lots of Zo6's.

Asking 1300 SHIPPED.

LMK

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
This is a great buy for someone. I bought your brothers car and now I am wondering if should sell the 2.3 Whipple I bought and go right to the 3.4 or a twin 61 kit. I have not even gotten the whipple on yet. :lol1:

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
Guys-
I'm tossing around the idea of selling my 2.2. Its black with about 5,500 miles. It got run low on oil, due to a rotor seal leaking and drawing the oil through the blower into the engine. Its not locked up or anything, luckliy the car was idling in the driveway when this happened. I spoke with KB and they said it would be $699 + any hard parts other then bearings and seals to completely rebuild the blower.

It is still on the car, and the only reason I want to get rid of it is that it is too small for me with my cams. Im thinking I need a bigger blower, or turbos. It has been a great blower and put the beats on lots of Zo6's.

Asking 1300 SHIPPED.

LMK
im interested in this. How far away are you from 10309? I could pick up if the price is right!

ugotbit03

4.6 ways to waste money
Established Member
Still got it. The best way is to PM me, I dont check every day.

Big reg- Yeah you stole that car from my brother. Hope you treat it good. We will have to meet up sometime this summer once I get the new blower or turbo on... I would hold off on the 3.4 in your case tho. No reason to go that big.

ugotbit03

4.6 ways to waste money
Established Member
TTT- New style snout. Still looks new. I'm sure if you search my name you can find pics of it on the car. I need this gone so I can get a new one... I don't think Im asking too much.

1300 shipped + 700 rebuild = 2,000 for a brand new 2.2? Sounds good to me....

96tangcobra

Established Member
When you get it off I would be interested.Not knowing if any hard parts are damaged or the housing/case itself is damaged Id be hard pressed to give 1,300 for it.Hard parts by themselves could easily go over the cost of a brand new blower.

ugotbit03

4.6 ways to waste money
Established Member
oh...

The case/rotors are not damaged I assure you. It got run low on oil for 5 mins if that. I knew something was wrong instantly so I shut it down. I would have fixed it myself but KB will not sell me the parts. I'm also not going to take it apart because I do not want the new buyer to fell uncomfortable that some one was in there. Obviously if I removed and there was obvious damage to the rotors and or case, I would contact the buyer and refund if needed.

I'm a stand up guy. My 100% feedback here and on Ebay displays that.

So take that.
:coolman:

ugotbit03

4.6 ways to waste money
Established Member
I just started the car to let it warm up and back it out of the garage. 5 mins goes by and I came back out side and it started making more noise that it normally did. I shut it down and checked oil in blower and none was on stick. No external leaks. Still spins freely, so I assume bearings and seals you would be ok. This was @ idle, not going down the road.

ugotbit03

4.6 ways to waste money
Established Member
Seriously? If you wanna lowball, at least have the common decency to use PM's.

TTT for the seller. GREAT deal here. LOVE my 2.2!

Thanks bro.

I'm not going to give this away. I will ship to KB if buyer wants that. Lots of intrest here but no one wants to chub up the cash. I have seen old beaters with the catch can sell for $2500...

95SC

Banned
If it was polished not black ,it would be sold already as I'm looking for a polished one and have money for it.

Users who are viewing this thread