Internet Auction With A Twist...

VinSVT

Established Member
I'm really confused... everything is WAY to cheap....

60$ for an Xbox360?

105$ for a Spa?

I must be missing something....

NiteMareGT

Master Of Puppets
Established Member
What is Unique Auction?
Categories: Main Page
Last Modified: September 15, 2005 07:14 PM
Article ID: 10004

Unique Auction is a web-based auction providing the opportunity for person-to-person bidding in an effort to accumulate new products from trusted sources.

Similar to other online auctions in the quest for encouraging fun, Unique Auction is truly unique in some very unusual ways.

On Unique Auction the maximum price for any product is 20% of the retail price.

For example a product with a retail price of $100 would be sold under the Unique Auction hammer for a maximum price of only $20.

Our unique platform ensures that no bids can exceed the $20 maximum price threshold and the highest unique bidder under $20 wins. Each bid placed has an administration cost of $1 for members and $2 for non-members.

Furthermore, Unique Auction does not require luck, but more importantly skill and strategy providing everyone with an equal opportunity of winning.

Unique Auction is an online auction that is based on value and entertainment with countless opportunities. The chances of winning depend on you.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO

SVTContique

sounds like a good way to sell stolen items.. they sell you a product 20% of the retail but you have to payn them 2 bucks for every bid you place. basically it makes them easy money. Its basically gambling, you spend some money with the chance to make some good profit.

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
You can't seem to find any news about this website from a legitimate source. What you do see is the same people pushing the site in various blogs.

From their FAQ...

Our state of the art technology determines, in real-time, the most unique highest bid by looking at all the bids starting at the highest one. If this bid is unique, meaning that only one member placed a bid at that specific amount, then it is the winning bid.

If it is not a unique bid, i.e. if more than one person has placed a bid at that particular price, then our system checks the next highest bid. This process, undertaken by our sophisticated technology that takes a matter of seconds, continues until we find a unique bid.

If the lowest possible bid amount ($0.01) is reached and no unique bids were found, then we start again at the highest bid price ($50.00) and check for the highest bid where two people have placed a bid for the same amount. The process is repeated if a unique bid amount has not been found i.e. the system checks for three bids placed on a particular bid price and so forth until the unique bid is determined.

In a case where no unique bid is found, the "most unique highest bid" would then be the highest bid price that was bid by the least amount of people.

Consider the following scenario:

Price
Point......#of Bidders

$49.99.....150
$43.05.....7
$10.11.....83
$ 7.50......555
$ 7.45......7

The "most unique highest bid" in this case would be $43.05, not $7.45 because that is lower than $43.05, and not $49.99 because it is less unique than $43.05 (150 bids to 7 bids). In a case where the winning bid is not entirely "unique", in this case 7 bidders, then the winner is the one that placed their bid first. So it does pay to get your bid in early!
^ That I actually understand... :lol1:

You can become an authorized platinum membership seller. Just send us your contact details and we’ll provide you with a step-by-step method on how to successfully sell platinum memberships in your area. We will send you a kit that explains the advantages of the platinum membership and why people should buy it.

Every platinum membership you sell we’ll give you $40. The highest seller will earn an additional $20 per membership.
Uh oh... Did someone say pyramid scheme??? :uh oh:

Last edited:

NiteMareGT

Master Of Puppets
Established Member
Scoriox said:
amway surrenders.

:lol:
My uncle (dad's brother) used to try and peddle that Amway shit at our house alot when I was a kid. Best washing powders, best light-bulbs, best yada...yada...yada...I remember that stuff... :nonono:

Users who are viewing this thread