Intermittent Stall

silverserpant

Established Member
Need some help from the guru's

Every so often my car will stall out(no stumble) and start right back up like nothin has happened. It can happen when coming to a stop or even when pushing in the clutch to roll.

It has me baffled to what iss causing this and I have not been able to catch it in a datalog at all. A/F reads stable all the time and I have updated the tune with amazon and it is still happening. I clocked the Maf to abbout 1 oclock facing the fender, and I put the factory screen back in to see if it was turbulant air causing the issue to no avail.

mods are

Snakebite stage 5 port with 17 psi
63 lb inj
Bap
sct 2800 maf with a 10 inch filter
mid pipe and catback.
tr6 plugs gapped at .034
Amazon tune

Thanks in advance for helping figure out this issue

Forthewin

Established Member
Search "Stall Issue"

Cobrabob has a faq on it too. I'm having the same problem. Generally speaking, any tuner can fix and ford can reflash the ECM for you.

hotcobra03

Established Member
maybe try another set of coils..

i had stall issues on a stock setup,i would change pcv valve and that would help,than coils got real bad with hesatation and no codes..

after i changed my coils it hasnt stalled once..its been over a year..

i noticed this because i was having battery/charging issues,,we had to push start for awhile and had to watch when slowing or stopping so it didnt stall..hard to push yourself

i found a member close by to try his coils first before buying...

i had got a set from tousley ford (ford racing m-12029-4v) best price around 225 shipped

silverserpant

Established Member
Thanks for the idea's guys. It seemed to be the tps was going out of range and would kill the car. was reading .87 v has not had a issue since addressing the tps

Users who are viewing this thread