Intermittent no throttle

99VERT

Established Member
Heres a good one! Every once in a while after shutting the car off and I restart it there is zero throttle response. I can push the pedal to the floor at idle and it does nothing. I shut the car off and restart and bam throttle is back. I have the Ford Motorsports twin 65 on it so I'm wondering if it has an open circuit or something? Its happened 3 times in the last 10 or so drives. Thoughts?

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
I don't want to say it's a common issue, but it does happen. Some GT500s have the issue, some don't. Ford knows about it. But no fix for it.

hostile500

Established Member
Its a fail safe in the calibration of the throttle body. They call it "dead peddle", 13/14s had it the worst. Talk with your tuner and he may be able to fix it.
I had a VMP 67 that would do it once in a while. Did a revision on the tune and it went away.

Jam421

Jam421
Established Member
Also one who had "dead pedal" which I found occurred after a few quick stabs then attempts to slow it down and drive home. My dead pedal stopped with a neutral rolling Ign off/onTuner did fix it. As implied it's usually a small hiccup in the TB voltage. I think my tuner kicked up the TB milli-amps just a bit?? You already have it isolated to a sitting idle . .

Users who are viewing this thread