Intermittent no start issues with my '03

jetmech

Established Member
Gents I need someone to post uo some wiring diagrams from the service manual. preferably for the starting curcuit and anything that might be tied in please. And yes i tried to load the service manual but it didn't work for my MacBook. I started to have a weird issue the other night, went out to eat and was going to leave, started the car for a brief moment then it just shut off. So I tried to crank it again and nothing, no lights, no dome light. so I popped the hood checking over all the connenctions looking for a loose ground or something. I found nothing wrong, so we were about to call AAA to have it towed and I figured I'd try it one more time and it started fine. I then get home and shut it off then wait a min. and restart. It starts fine...WTF. So I figured maybe the starter solenoid. Today The car started fine until to night, I started it after my oil change to check for leaks and it started but had a weird delay. so I let it idle to get nice and warm, then shut it off and try to restart and nothing but a single click from the solenoid. Now no dome light, when I reset the key to on but not start, I get nothing, the dash instruments don't sweep. so I turn the key to off and turn the lights on and then the dome light comes on. So I try again to start it and same thing starter does one click and I loose the dash instruments and the dome light. I checked the battery when it was started and it's charging at 13.8V, and I also checked it while it was off now and I get 12.8V. I jacked it up and checked the wires to the starter and it's all tight, no corrosion. So any ideas are appreciated, I'm thinking maybe the starter solenoid stuck, or a relay failing. Not sure at this point. Please post up some wiring diagrams so I can try to figure this out as it is my DD.

10sec89

Established Member
Sound's like a bad connection at the battery itself, I will check back in the morning, I can possibly pull some digrams off AllData for you.

jetmech

Established Member
i've triple checked the battery connections and to the fues block and it's tight as hell and no corrosion. Thanks in advance if you can post up those wiring diagrams. Also if you find any wiring diagrams for the constant control module and the body control module I'd really appreciate it.

jetmech

Established Member
Anyone who may have wiring diagrams please post them up, I need to figure this out before I go back to work tomorrow. Thanks in advance

FIST13F

Established Member
Had the same problem the other day. it all seemed tight so i tapped the positive terminal on the battery with my hand and it started right up. re tightened both terminals and no problems since then

hotcobra03

Established Member
good page there. is that a back door log in or what?

yes and no...

chiltons library is a free service thru public librarys....

i came across alot of stupid links,,,still looking for backdoor into alldata,,,

here is a link into a library..following post #1,,i copyied and pasted the lic number he shows in post to get into library...lot of reading..all-data site is in here..but i didnt get in

Auto repair, free online Chiltons library - DIY and Home Improvement - Shroomery Message Board

jetmech

Established Member
Well gents thanks for the help but I found the problem. It was the stupid quick disconnect on the negative side battery cable. The screw that holds the two sides of the quick disconnect together had massive arc build up between the threads, so I removed the quick disconnect all together. Problem solved, such a stupid problem to have and a crappy design, back to OEM.

Users who are viewing this thread