Intermittent fuel problem

Rhinogt

Established Member
My car has recently developed an intermittent issue when shifting at high rpm during WOT. When it happens it feels very similar to the PPRV stumble. Normally it only happens after I have already done a pull recently or if I have been driving a 30-40 minutes before I do a pull. For example I went out today with the intention of logging the issue, however on the first pull I tried, it didn't do it. So I slowed back down and tried again. The second time it did.

On the log when the stumble happened I noticed the following things:
Battery voltage= 13+
Fuel pressure= 2-5
FPDC = 50
A/f = 18

Of course as soon as I feel this I let out.

The fuel system consists of:
Stock injectors, stock pumps, PPRV delete, BAP pre FPDM, and lethal wiring upgrade.

Normally during WOT the FPDC peaks at .42 and fuel pressure stays around 40.

Sooo after all that my question is are my pumps going out, or is my FPDM? Or is it something completely different?

Thanks in advance

01yellercobra

Established Member
My first guess would be one of the pumps is going. I had a similar issue with a pair of AEMs.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

Rhinogt

Established Member
So I swapped a spare FPDM in the car and ran the sh!t out of it today, and I could not make it do it. So I will be ordering a modified FPDM shortly.

bigmoose

Established Member
That duty cycle is 100%. I had a BAP kill a FPDM on my old setup. Modified one worked great.

When my FPDM was dying I had trouble driving the car at part throttle. I'd keep an eye on that fuel pressure in case a pump is marginal.

Rhinogt

Established Member
I know, like I said, I am ordering a modified one tomorrow. I will also be upgrading the wiring to the pumps to drop some of that draw down.

Users who are viewing this thread