Interior swap done

yefferys50

Established Member
I finally finished the interior swap and figured out my starting issues. I'm waiting on my new head unit to get here (Kenwood DDX470) and that'll be all for now. In the next few months I'm looking at getting a new pair of seats, either some Corbeau GTS IIs or A4s, I'm still undecided.

The interior itself is out of a 2003 Mach 1. I ended up re-using the factory tan driver and passenger side airbags, as well as the steering column covers and glove compartment. I painted all of them to match. They turned out pretty damn good, I'm really impressed with SEM interior paint, got it from Late Model Resto.

Here are the pics:
PhotoAug1033810PM_zpsa1cdf6e9.jpg
PhotoAug1033802PM_zpsa1a26ec4.jpg
PhotoAug1033243PM_zps37ca398a.jpg

TClark22

Established Member
looks pretty good. Thats in your 97 right?

and do you drive with the steering wheel like that? you a school bus driver?

lol looks real clean! My 04 GT came with the center bezels that gunmetal color. Wish i kept them that way. Painted mine to match my silver which looked good but 6 years later it looks like poo...Gonna send em off for hydrodipping this winter though

Palmer

Established Member
Looks really good! I really wanted to do that to my 96 Cobra, but never got around to it.

yefferys50

Established Member
looks pretty good. Thats in your 97 right?

and do you drive with the steering wheel like that? you a school bus driver?

lol looks real clean! My 04 GT came with the center bezels that gunmetal color. Wish i kept them that way. Painted mine to match my silver which looked good but 6 years later it looks like poo...Gonna send em off for hydrodipping this winter though

What's wrong with the steering wheel? If you're talking about the height, no I drop it down lower when I actually drive the car, it was lifted all the way up because I had just finished buttoning everything up.

Looks really good! I really wanted to do that to my 96 Cobra, but never got around to it.

Thanks, it's one of the best mods I've done so far. The factory tan interior with no console cup holders sucked really bad.

TClark22

Established Member
What's wrong with the steering wheel? If you're talking about the height, no I drop it down lower when I actually drive the car, it was lifted all the way up because I had just finished buttoning everything up.

Lol i was just giving you shit. Nothing was wrong, it was the positioning. Almost like a bus driver wheel. Bad analogy/joke i suppose

redrocket16

Established Member
I did the swap in my '96 Cobra and I love it. Even got the same Kenwood HU you're getting as well and it's a sweet setup. Any other stereo modifications being planned?

yefferys50

Established Member
Funny, i used to like the black and or saddle interiors better than the charcoal. I thought the charcoal was bland and dull, but now I think the charcoal is cleaner looking.

Charcoal is pretty bland which is why I went with a IUP interior. The silver breaks up the charcoal nicely. I thoughts about sticking with the tan/black two-tone interior but I was sick of not having cupholders.

I did the swap in my '96 Cobra and I love it. Even got the same Kenwood HU you're getting as well and it's a sweet setup. Any other stereo modifications being planned?

Great minds think alike. I'm planning on adding a budget sub and amp combo. Kenwood KFC-W2531PS 10" woofer, Apline MRV-M500 amp, and a smallish ported box. I don't want anything that hits super hard and the above combo is priced right and should sound good.

yefferys50

Established Member
Here's a pic with the double DIN installed

PhotoAug1570806PM_zpsf7e041a2.jpg

Next up is a full stereo install. New components, sub, 5 channel amp.

Users who are viewing this thread