Interior swap - Charcoal or Black?

oooooh snap

Stable Genius
Established Member
Help me and a buddy out here. He has a 98 convertible and he's looking to swap over to a dark interior, but can't choose between black or charcoal. He wants the double din and large cup holder setup of the newer style interior, but he's leaning towards black since he has an fr500 steering wheel and cobra airbag.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Pics? :D

cobralvr01

Established Member
Charcoal. It doesn't have that cheap, shiny vinyl look to it and takes dirt a lot better (you can't notice it as easily compared to black). I would much rather have a charcoal interior than a black one. It also is made to match the 03 cobra seats in case if he's wanting to do that swap in the future too.

ConeCrusher281

Established Member
If time and money are readily available, I would go charcoal. But that means changing over every single interior panel from black to charcoal (dash, rear seat trim panels, seat belts, etc). It would be a lot of work, but very clean.

oooooh snap

Stable Genius
Established Member
the reason we're on the fence is because in some light the charcoal looks more grey than anything. also he already has a black fr500 steering wheel which he plans on keeping, and thinks it might not match with the charcoal.

i def. hear you on the shiny 94-98 interior look, but sometimes i feel that's more due to years of armor all type product shellacked in to it. i've actually seen a few black interiors that had a matte finish to it and it looked great.

he was able to find a guy parting out a 98 that wants $300 for the entire interior. hmmm..

Users who are viewing this thread