Interior help door inserts loose!!:(

ocwhitetermi04

Established Member
hey guys my door inserts pull out and are loose every time i go to close my door they pull out its annoying and i tried super glue but doesnt seem to work? ANY IDEAS>???:) the exact part im taking about is where the driver door controlls are the UNLOCK/LOCK AND WINDOW CONTRolls

SBVERT03

Established Member
Interested to hear what people say. Mine does the exact same thing!

probiker427

Established Member
I used a thick piece of double sided tape, heavy duty. And has lasted so far. About 5 months probably.

whistler19

All the way!
Established Member
the easiest and most effective way would be to pull the insert and see if the tabs are broken. If the tabs arent broken then are they missing the metal clips that slip onto the tabs that lock the inserts into place. If the plastic tabs are broken off then I would just order a new insert from LMR. If the metal clips are missing then just go to local store and buy new clips

SpectorV

Established Member
I will check for my clip, good point. I just knew the tab was plastic but didnt know there was a clip associated with it. I will see if that's missing, but not sure what to ask for at the store, and which store?

mu22stang

[_==[_=_][_=_3[_=_< /_=_\
Established Member
Some have luck heating this tab with a heat gun and bending it upwards slightly to compensate for wear. The raised portion isn't very 'raised' so if the insert has been in and out several times, it no longer holds.

I use a small 1" x 2" piece of the black, smooth tool box liner wrapped around the tab. It works and is easily removeable. I've tried double foam tape but it didn't work like I wanted it to.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
All the clips are the same for all models of mustang. I was missing some and pulled some from my local junkyard. Cost me the $1 fee to enter the junkyard and gas to drive there..... I pulled a handfull of the clips!

Users who are viewing this thread