Interesting mod for rear tail lights.

JAXCOBRA99

Established Member
$65.95 for F'in 6 vertical pieces of Window tint??????!!! :nonono:

Should be more like $6.95. What a RIP OFF!.

B.

Last edited:

GodStang

Established Member
I got pulled over for having tint on my brake lights. He gave me a warning but said if he saw them again it would be a $360 fine. It was a hot summer day in the afternoon. You could also get your local Window place to put the tint on.

Firme

Established Member
emm... I guess some people know everything ha.

I actually know the guy that makes those for victor (ninosport). And he barely makes a profitt on those. The material is that expensive. It not tint or just plastic, its similar to the 3m clear bra material made to last and withstand the elements. How much does that stuff cost???? hey why pay $400 for the clear bra when you can just use saran wrap. :rollseyes

Last time I checked TINT was not designed to go on the OUTSIDE of the car.

Oh as far as the precut woop dee doo.. it took like a day to custom fit those. SO its well worth the material and saved time. Cause I know just owning a car makes everyone an instant expert and all, but let see everyone try to cut those to fit right on the lights.

Last edited:

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
all i can say from looking at that is that the 03 rear looks about 50000000000^2 times better then the 05 rear.

fmhscopeland1

Established Member
i have them on my stang. they look good and it really does make it look unique. i also have a black car so it looks even better. the product is really thick almost like plyable plastic more than window tint. i think that 60.00 is a decent envestment to become unique . and 60.00 for an appearence mod is realatively cheap conserding, ss inserts, hood, spoiler etc. and when you have to get inspections you peel them off set them somewhere and then put them back on later. never got caught by the cops, and they illuminate well in day or night.

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
besides I didnt say it didnt look good. It looks great but the thought of paying a ton for what you could make for $9 would be silly...

but after it was mentioned that it is removable and then replacable that makes it way better in my eyes..I like it more now

duece

Established Member
I will probably buy a set....tried the tint spray worked well but has lightened up alot ....too much work to keep that up....

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
I am gonna throw on some tint I have lying around first just for a week or so..see if it grows on me..if I like it I will get me a set too..if they are thick and removable....well removeable snt the key..reinstallable after they are removed is though.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I have them, and they are not simple window tint. I can tell you that much.

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
HISSMAN said:
I have them, and they are not simple window tint. I can tell you that much.

do they work similar to those static stickers??? where you put them on and leave them but you can take them off in about 10 seconds. Later on put them right back?

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
Firme said:
emm... I guess some people know everything ha.

Cause I know just owning a car makes everyone an instant expert and all, but let see everyone try to cut those to fit right on the lights.

since I am the one your pointing fingers at with your comment.... it was before anyone described them as anything but tint...so until and explanation was given that was a safe assumption. And for what its worth I tinted mine last night. Mocked them up...cut them out and put them right on. Did not trim after install...so lets see someone other than me do it the first time. And for the record it didnt take me a day to do it so I guess that makes my efforts better than yours too....

Not everyone has access to the software that I do or tools to do it but if you did one could do something lie this in a matter of hours...I guess your guy just went about it all wrong..If I had a sheet of that material I would make them and sell them myself, but your right the material is really expensive for rolls of it to feet throught the cutter, I checked.

NXSVTCOBRA

it really wouldn't hurt him to try iy out, granted it wont be as great of quality as the ones on that site but it'll maybe have the similar look of it which is what i think he'd going for

Lasercobra98 you have a sexii car!!!! looks just like mine :lol: minus the tint i have silver tint :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread