Interesting Information

03CobraBro

Established Member
I'v heard from a fairly credable source, that within the next 3 or 4 years there may be a V10 powered AWD Mustang.

Now the V10 part may be alittle iffy, but the AWD is starting to sound like a sure thing, its just a matter of when.

Alittle information about my source, which is my moms cousin (I guess that makes him my cousin) Rudy Baldini, whom works for one of the Ford testing facilities up in Michigan, he lives on the west side of Detroit so I'd guess somewhere around there. Anyway, his wife passed away yesterday of cancer, and my mom called him tonight and talked to him for alittle bit, then i guess he was asking how I was liking my Cobra and everything.

So I guess he told my mom to relay the info about a couple Mustangs they had in testing, one of which was an AWD, V10 powered car (with hemispherical heads and other minor details that I dont recall), which he mentioned was running on the S-197 chassis so as not to be confused with any SN-95 V10 Hybrids or varients. He said with that they have a choice to make, that concerns traction. They could either design the car to have a great big beefy reinforced suspension, with extremely large tires, he mentioned similar to the Viper, or AWD. The problem was with a setup similar to the Viper, you would be talking about a Super Stang that would MSRP higher than what the 00R's did and, like I say, he said thats not what the Mustang is supposed to be about. I guess from what he was saying, AWD was the only way for them to build a high powered great handling car with a fully IRS, to avoid the excessive wheel spin during launch and yet keep the car within a reasonable price range. (reasonable im going to guess means under 50 grand)

Now beyond that, guys, I dont know. My mom told me to call him back and talk to him about it, but I figure he's got alot more on his mind to worry about with the passing of his wife than talking about cars right now, so as soon as I feel its approprite ill call him and see if he can explain things in more detail so I can get back to you guys.

To you it might sound like a good time to call BS, but the guy doesnt joke around, and he's only telling what he knows about it so if there's anything left to question like I said I'll try to fill in the fine details asap.

Users who are viewing this thread