Intercooloer

Nickgonzo6!

Established Member
Hey ya'll,

I was wondering if I should up grade the stock intercooler for the vmp intercooler since ill be already taking the blower out and upgrading it to a 2.9 whipple.

Thanks for your recommendations.

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
Hey ya'll,

I was wondering if I should up grade the stock intercooler for the vmp intercooler since ill be already taking the blower out and upgrading it to a 2.9 whipple.

Thanks for your recommendations.

If your sticking with 93 octane, you'll be fine on the stock unit
My setup worked just fine on a 80k car
Sometimes, marketing is a real thing

01yellercobra

Established Member
I upgraded mine and I'm glad I did. While cruising the temps are about the same, but it takes longer to heat up under boost and recovers faster.

I'll add that just doing the intercooler won't give you a huge jump. You'll need to upgrade the whole system.

PC03GT

Established Member
I upgraded mine and I'm glad I did. While cruising the temps are about the same, but it takes longer to heat up under boost and recovers faster.

I'll add that just doing the intercooler won't give you a huge jump. You'll need to upgrade the whole system.
This

Nickgonzo6!

Established Member

What do you mean on the whole system?

01yellercobra

Established Member
Intercooler, intercooler manifold, heat exchanger, pump, lines, reservoir.

I'll admit I still have the 3/4" lines in place mostly because I'm not a fan of how the 1" lines look. But I saw a flow test between a heat exchanger with 3/4" and 1" fittings and it didn't seem the change was worth it. If I was racing a lot I'd probably make the change.

Users who are viewing this thread