Intercoolers

DaveWertz

Established Member
So I'm tossing the idea of finally swapping intercoolers. Yes I know I should have listened from the start but my budget was tight. Currently running a CX cooler with a 3.12 pulley on a S- trim. Seeing 8lbs. Was at 13 almpst 14 before I was intercooled. But the cooler is doing what I wanted and keeping IATs down and did it we'll. That IC is rated for 750cfm. Now before anyone says threadstone hear me out, they are top notch intercooler but I'm going with mishimoto S type I believe which flows a rate of around 1400cfm for half the cost of a threadstone and around the same flow but twice of the CX. With that said, will there be a noticeable power/boost gain?

Sent from my LM-Q620 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

SVT69

nWo 4 Life
Established Member
So I'm tossing the idea of finally swapping intercoolers. Yes I know I should have listened from the start but my budget was tight. Currently running a CX cooler with a 3.12 pulley on a S- trim. Seeing 8lbs. Was at 13 almpst 14 before I was intercooled. But the cooler is doing what I wanted and keeping IATs down and did it we'll. That IC is rated for 750cfm. Now before anyone says threadstone hear me out, they are top notch intercooler but I'm going with mishimoto S type I believe which flows a rate of around 1400cfm for half the cost of a threadstone and around the same flow but twice of the CX. With that said, will there be a noticeable power/boost gain?

Sent from my LM-Q620 using the svtperformance.com mobile app
following

04DeadShort

SVT Addict
Established Member
I'll be doing the same thing soon. Picked up a Treadstone from a friend and plan to change my CXracing ic out. The Treadstone is the same dimensions other than being 1" thicker. Much better built unit also. I don't expect more HP from it although it is a possibility but I do expect more consistent lower IAT's.

96dreamer

Established Member
Looks like the the tr1245 is rated at ~20% more flow than the Mishimoto (1469 vs 1250). The tr1245 is proven intercooler that I think several people mentioned you should go with initially. It is what I have on my car and iats are almost always within 10°F of ambient. If you want to experiment with the Mishimoto it's your money to burn

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I put a procharger 3 core race cooler on my car, flows nicely.
One thing I see with these (and others) - the tanks on top and bottom - make sure that bottom tank is BELOW the radiator opening - ie down by the radiator support. These cars don’t have great air flow to start with, don’t have the tank blocking a big chunk of the air flow

Users who are viewing this thread