intercooler

whip

Established Member
OK folks...The L went in for the intercooler fix today. They claim they have never had an intercooler leak before! They did not pre order parts even after I begged and pleaded since I'm getting ready to ship out next week (thanks you ahole bin laden!) Make sure you bring the oasis # 01b81 as the guy basically told me I don't know what I'm talking about, after all what would some peon consumer know about whats under the hood of his truck! Milage marked and date noted, we'll see how and when the L comes out!

FlaSVT

Moderator - 2nd Gen Forum
Established Member
Well that sucks. They are proably right when they say they have never had one leak before. Meaning they haven't had to do this yet at that shop.

Good luck and I hope it gets taken care of before you have to leave.

Justin Blackwell

Established Member
Just got off with the service man at my Ford dealership and he ran my serial number and 01B81 and a wiper motor came up on my file. He told me whenever I got ready just say the word. He also said they put in a new '01 motor in a '99 a few weeks ago because of a little tapping sound in the lifters. I might get a new motor too if he got a new motor because of a little tapping sound. It sure would be a great time to put in a stroker kit, grind the cams, port the heads, put in a '00 Cobra R windage tray and pan, underdrive pulleys, etc... I am sure they will let me do it before they drop it in. The SVT mechanic is cool about stuff like that. When I went to go pick my L up for a new intercooler back in May, I walked into the shop and they had some race cars in there.( old camaro and mustang LX) I looked around and said," Man this place is layed back."

BostonL

Established Member
Hey Whip,
Know what you mean about dealerships. I decided to shop around, went by a different dealer today. Service writer was very helpful, ordered the fix for my L after checking my eligibility on OASIS, said there's no need to wait for recall letter. As nice as this dealership appeared (sells lots of SVT and Saleen vehicles), spoke to a technician there who told me Ford voided his warranty for putting a K&N on his vehicle! Hope to see you at NE Dragway this w/e. If not, good luck on your next assignment.

AG Bolt

Established Member
Intercooler Replacement

I have a copy of a Ford Motor Co. letter dated September 2001 to "All Ford and Lincoln Mecury Dealers" describing the procedure for intercooler replacement. Letters went out long ago informing dealers of these problems! These were called "Dealer Announcement dated May 10, 1999, Low Volume Announcement Letter" and "Dealer Announcement dated 12/17/98, Special Handling Procedure". The copy is of the OWNER NOTIFICATION PROGRAM 01B81. Obviously Ford has known about this for quite a long time and the dealer body did not pay any attention and no one at Ford would seem to back it up. This program states that the AFFECTED VEHICLES are "Certain 1999 and 2000 model year F 150 Lightning vehicles built at the Ontario Truck Assembly Plant from the beginning of production for the 1999 model year through the end of production for the 2000 model year. This program will be in effect until September 30, 2002, regardless of mileage. So good luck to everyone now that Ford is officially recognizing this problem.

Users who are viewing this thread