Intercooler?

heywaitfourme

Established Member
So I've tracked down my issue to my intercooler. It's cracked and leaking, spewing water into the intake, causing the car to well.......suck.

WHERE do I find an intercooler? I've tried searching, but it says the words to long, to common, etc. Now what? Rick at amazon said they are roughly a grand through Ford. Has anyone had to purchase one before? If so, where and how much?

hotcobra03

Established Member
hope your sitting down

I had a rock put a hole in mine.it wasnt repairable..ford`s price is 765.00 ya right.aftermarkets sell for 400+ yea try again.I was lucky on ebay.90.00 TRY searching ebay and this part is called a :rockon:heat exchanger

Tedisky

Need more Money!!!!!
Established Member
I had a rock put a hole in mine.it wasnt repairable..ford`s price is 765.00 ya right.aftermarkets sell for 400+ yea try again.I was lucky on ebay.90.00 TRY searching ebay and this part is called a :rockon:heat exchanger

I really think he means the intercooler, If its putting water into the intake.... I would try ebay, someone going turbo, or try Tousley Ford. Good luck!

Ted

heywaitfourme

Established Member
Emailed tousley, emailed fast ford, and a few others, looking on ebay and this forum plus modular fords. Just kind of sucks. I want to teh get the car together so I can start on my bike trailer, then on my cafe racer. Nothing is ever easy.

And it is NOT the heat exchanger. I meant the intercooler. Underneath of the supercharger. I have a custom grill over my h/e and I don't drive if there are rocks on the road.

DieselNuts

¯\_(ò.Ó)_/¯
Established Member
I read somewhere on here earlier today that you can get an "upgraded" one from Saleen but there is no proof of a performance gain, but its still an intercooler. I havent looked, so I dont know for sure, but its worth a try.

heywaitfourme

Established Member
saleen= more caash. There is nothing wrong with the stock ones, I've never heard of an engine failure from the Intercooler. Thanks for the info, but Tousley said they can ship one for 620 to my door! Not as bad as I thought it'd be.

Thanks for the help guys, I appreciate it.

JohnsDSGVert

Established Member
Intercooler

I have one for sale......$200 + shipping.....mint condition

DSC02768.jpg

PM if interested.

Users who are viewing this thread