Intercooler Spray Bar Kit Anyone using

mikea074

Cobramods
Established Member
Anyone having any luck with this setup ?

Intercooler Spray Bar Kit

Features:

New Cobra snake design
Adjustable to fit all intercoolers
Decreased intake air temperatures
Better intercooler coverage than competitor kits
Includes 5LB NOS bottle

inter_cooler_spraybar.jpg

http://www.holley.com/HiOctn/ProdLine/Products/NOS/NOSNS/intercooler_spray_bar.htm

Last edited:

BO TY KLR

Established Member
Not sure what that kit cost but why can't you just use a purge kit and spray it on H/E. You could Use stainless fuel line and bend it up for the spay bar. A bottle, some line, and purge kit I think is all you'll need. Or if you're car is already on the bottle you could also chill the H/E with a little "purge" before you leave the line. As long as you don't kill your bottle pressure for the rest of the run.

RickSvt

Its Fast
Established Member
So are there tiny holes drilled into the line that allow the Nitrous to cool the HE, or are they just hoping that the coiled line touching it will do the trick?

rick

Juiced-03

Established Member
I dont think that kit will have any benefit on our cars. We have a heat exchanger, not an intercooler (like turbo cars) on the front of our Cobras. Spraying the heat exchanger is probably not going to see any gain, and will be just an expensive waste of nitrous. Essentially all you would be doing is cooling the intercooler fluid, which would take a lot of nitrous to have any lasting gains IMO. The air that gets sucked from the intake never goes through the heat exchanger like it does in an intercooler. If you want to cool the fluid, then buy a PFab tank and fill it with ice. If you want to use nitrous, you are going to have to spray it in the intake to get any significant gains.

We do have an intercooler, but it is under the blower. I don't know if would even be possible or beneficial to spray that though. I think if there were any gains with the kit posted above it would only be from the nitrous that was sucked through the intake on accident :D

Last edited:

maddrabitt

Established Member
It just seems logical to me that if youre going to go through the process of spraying nitrous on your heat exchanger you might as well just spray it through your intake. I can understand wanting to cool things off, but I figure the gains of actually using the nitrous the way its supposed to be would be far higher.

RickSvt

Its Fast
Established Member
Juiced-03 said:
I dont think that kit will have any benefit on our cars. We have a heat exchanger, not an intercooler (like turbo cars) on the front of our Cobras. Spraying the heat exchanger is probably not going to see any gain, and will be just an expensive waste of nitrous. Essentially all you would be doing is cooling the intercooler fluid, which would take a lot of nitrous to have any lasting gains IMO. The air that gets sucked from the intake never goes through the heat exchanger like it does in an intercooler. If you want to cool the fluid, then buy a PFab tank and fill it with ice. If you want to use nitrous, you are going to have to spray it in the intake to get any significant gains.

We do have an intercooler, but it is under the blower. I don't know if would even be possible or beneficial to spray that though. I think if there were any gains with the kit posted above it would only be from the nitrous that was sucked through the intake on accident :D

I am going to have to say that this does work. I have seen it work. I saw 20hp and 60tq at the wheels with spraying the intercooler. Now that was just holding a nitrous bottle in front of the STOCK HE and spraying it for 10 secs just before the dyno pull. So it wasnt mounted on the HE like the kit above is. But yes, it will be an expensive habit and the killer chiller would probably be more benificial, but I have yet to see any gains from that item posted

rick

ChuckysSVT

LS1/6 speed 68 Camaro
Established Member
RickSvt said:
I am going to have to say that this does work. I have seen it work. I saw 20hp and 60tq at the wheels with spraying the intercooler. Now that was just holding a nitrous bottle in front of the STOCK HE and spraying it for 10 secs just before the dyno pull. So it wasnt mounted on the HE like the kit above is. But yes, it will be an expensive habit and the killer chiller would probably be more benificial, but I have yet to see any gains from that item posted

rick

There may be a vid posted of the run. If anyone would like to see the Dyno sheets of 2 back to back runs. Nothing changed but the temp of the Heat exchanger Ill send to rick to post. There were 20+ guys there and the results were unbelievable. Rick had a temp guage on the H/E and the N2o dropped the temp from a HOT!! 140 TO 80 degrees.

10thTerminator

Established Member
I am giving it a whirl. Lowering the heat exchanger temps should in turn lower the intercooler temps. I am building my own, the NOS and NX kit is just way to much cash for a piece of tubing.

Last edited:

vetkilr

When 600rwhp isnt enough.
Established Member
It doesnt work at all!!!!!!!!!

Weve tried it with 2 different cars,1 Cobra and one Subaru making 400rwhp.

They dont work at all........we made over 10 runs each car even to the point of ice being on the HE on the Cobra and ice being on the IC of the Subaru.

They dont work we got maybe 3rwhp from it warmed up motor .

If anyone gets anything from these it is because Nitrous is making it into the Air filter and being ingested by the motor thus making more hp.

If you dont believe me then do the same test but use CO2 and see how much hp you lose with the same test..........

carolinacat

...LOST
Established Member
I made it out of stainless. I got the fuel cap from summit it for the price couldnt complain , I figured i might as well use all the holes that were in it. But you are right it was way over kill.

BLUBYU2 said:
What are they holding down with that fuel cell cap a mack truck tire? :D

ChuckysSVT

LS1/6 speed 68 Camaro
Established Member
vetkilr said:
It doesnt work at all!!!!!!!!!

Weve tried it with 2 different cars,1 Cobra and one Subaru making 400rwhp.

They dont work at all........we made over 10 runs each car even to the point of ice being on the HE on the Cobra and ice being on the IC of the Subaru.

They dont work we got maybe 3rwhp from it warmed up motor .

If anyone gets anything from these it is because Nitrous is making it into the Air filter and being ingested by the motor thus making more hp.

If you dont believe me then do the same test but use CO2 and see how much hp you lose with the same test..........

I call :bs:

Did you look at the IAC temp..? If I got that much performance blowing N2o onto my heat exchanger than having it sucked up 20 seconds later into my intake...why use a nitrous nozzle...why not just blow n2o in front of the car and use it that way. You prob wasted the N2o on the radiator....the heat exchanger is located below the radiator.... :bash:

ignorance is so freakin Irritating....

vetkilr

When 600rwhp isnt enough.
Established Member
ChuckysSVT said:
I call :bs:

Did you look at the IAC temp..? If I got that much performance blowing N2o onto my heat exchanger than having it sucked up 20 seconds later into my intake...why use a nitrous nozzle...why not just blow n2o in front of the car and use it that way. You prob wasted the N2o on the radiator....the heat exchanger is located below the radiator.... :bash:

ignorance is so freakin Irritating....

Your a F'in Moron :loser:

I guess all the smart people like you will always stay slow :banana:

ChuckysSVT

LS1/6 speed 68 Camaro
Established Member
vetkilr said:
Your a F'in Moron :loser:

I guess all the smart people like you will always stay slow :banana:

Another uneducated assumption.

A: you dont know me so to assume Im a moron another post w/ out proper info... :bash:

B: To prove I am slow would require you to 1) line em up and properly document the event....2) you would have to have the nuts to try....

Put your Magazine away...Slip into your cobra...hit the dyno and get some f'n documentation before you start flaming a product....

Idiots irritate me more than ignorance..... :bash:

Users who are viewing this thread