Intercooler Question

cobra331

Established Member
94-95 mustangs with Vortech: Is it possible to install an air to air intercooler on these cars. I heard you can turn teh blower (clock) to offset the blower outlet from the intake. Then have custom piping made from the outlet, to the intercooler, back to the intake manifold. Anyone?

2000blackone

Established Member
Yeah, there's no reason why it can't be done, and I'm sure many people have done it. but I would just go with the aftercooler setup from Vortech.

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
If you plan oon turning the SC around to fab up an intercooler, it won't work. The impeller is designed to turn one way to draw air. Turning the SC around will suck the air out. You'd have to change the impeller also if this were your plan. Help me out if I'm misunderstanding you.

cobra331

Established Member
No, no, no.....

I'm not talking about turning it around, I'm talking about clocking it to the left enough to fit piping that would turn back towards the front of the car, then down towards the cooler, then back up into the intake.

ROADWARRIORSVT

Established Member
If the Vortech is like a ProCharger or Paxton, there are 6-8 sscrews securing the scroll. Just loosen them up and turn the scroll (clock it) to whatever position you need. I'm running a Novi 2000RR with a ProCharger Air To Air I/C. Had NO problems with fitment!

ROADWARRIORSVT

Established Member
Its all from the ProCharger kit. The I/C piping lined up "almost" perfect!

This is on my 97 Cobra. It may be different on a 94-95.

Last edited:

cobra331

Established Member
Go to the bottom left of your screen when posting a reply. Should be a list of permissions you can or cannot do. If it says "You MAY post attachments" then you should be able to. If it says otherwise, contact the moderator.

ROADWARRIORSVT

Established Member
Moderator still has'nt turned on my "post attachments" privledge. I'll try another moderator. I can send them to your e-mail asap if you'd like?

Users who are viewing this thread