Intercooler pump stays running even with ignition off...what gives???

Satin03

Established Member
Can't figure it out. It was jumped to stay running anytime the ignition was ON, now it won't turn off even when the ignition switch is turned OFF. What is that all about? :shrug:

Footnote to the story: This just happened to start right after I hosed down the engine bay following a cleaning.

mi_l123

JDM = Just Dust ME
Established Member
you hosed the entire engine ??? you might have gotten a small fuse box wet next to the mass air meter, which is for the intercooler.

Satin03

Established Member
you hosed the entire engine ??? you might have gotten a small fuse box wet next to the mass air meter, which is for the intercooler.

I checked that little fuse box and it appeared dry as a bone. Good idea though.

Hosing down the engine bay is a bad idea.

Why? How else do you clean it?

sounds like the relay is stuck

Next on my list. Do I need to change it to find out? How else would I check to see if it is stuck closed?

thelpb

Established Member
You can borrow the fan relay from the fuse box on the drivers side of the car to test it.

Satin03

Established Member
You can borrow the fan relay from the fuse box on the drivers side of the car to test it.

That's thinking outside the box for sure. Great idea. Although it must have dried out because it appears to be wokring just fine now.

Thanks everyone for all the advice! This site never ceased to amaze me! :rockon:

thelpb

Established Member
That's thinking outside the box for sure. Great idea. Although it must have dried out because it appears to be wokring just fine now.

Thanks everyone for all the advice! This site never ceased to amaze me! :rockon:

Happy to help! You may want to consider getting a replacement anyway though. They're only 9 or 10 bucks at Advance Auto or Radio Shack. Just ask for a 30 amp automotive relay. Cheap insurance.

Users who are viewing this thread